Dear Mr. Chairman
- Obama's tech guy brings a new savvy to the FCC. Hart, Kim // Hill;9/9/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 99, p1
The article focuses on the upgrade plans of the new U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski for the administrative agency's technology infrastructure.
- Obama friend heads for FCC. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;1/14/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 9, p1
The article reports that U.S. President-elect Barack Obama has nominated his campaign adviser Julius Genachowski as head of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- At the center of the storm. C.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;02/03/97, Vol. 127 Issue 5, p94
Profiles Julius Genachowski, Chief Counsel to US Federal Communications Commission Chairman Reed Hundt. Personal history; Career background; Accomplishments; Educational background; Philosophy.
- Moving Toward Next-Gen 911. // Emergency Management;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p14
The article describes a five-point plan proposed by Julius Genachowski, chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), which aims to move the nation toward next-generation 911 (NG911).
- FCC chief pessimistic about spectrum votes in Congress. Jerome, Sara // Hill;1/13/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p13
The article reports that Julius Genachowski, Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), is in doubt about approval of Congress the spectrum auctions to open up additional communications airspace in the U.S.
- Genachowski warns fee 'cramming'on cell phone bills will be punished. Nagesh, Gautham // Hill;6/21/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 89, p18
The article reports that new rules have been planned to be proposed by U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Julius Genachowski that would prevent mobile carriers to hit customers with "mystery fees" on their monthly bills.
- FCC Proposes More Bureau-Level Authority. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;2/1/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on the proposal of Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Julius Genachowski to allow lower-level bureaus in the U.S. to deny challenges to decisions of the full commission.
- Squaring the Broadband Circle. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;2/22/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p19
The article reports on the speech by U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) chairman Julius Genachowski on their goals to achieve 100 Megabits per second for 100 million households by 2020 in the U.S.
- Spectrum Mythbuster? J. E. // Broadcasting & Cable;3/21/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 12, p16
The article reports on the move of Julius Genachowski, Chairman of Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in trying to overcome the fears of the broadcasters regarding the FCC's spectrum reclamation plan which will erect the new broadband nation on the recycled remains of the broadcast business...