In the Pioneer's Own Words: Robert C. Bogash
- Consultation addresses nurse prescribing range. // Practice Nurse;4/6/2007, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p6
This article reports on two consultations launched by the British government to determine whether the limited range of controlled drugs should be expanded. These drugs can be independently prescribed by nurses. Some of the benefits of allowing nurse and pharmacist to independently prescribe...
- The future of community pharmacy - without pharmacists? "Transit umbra, lux permanent" - Unknown "Shadow passes, light remains". Kruger, Johann // South African Pharmaceutical Journal;2013, Vol. 80 Issue 8, p6
In this article, the author focuses on the importance of innovative drug design in taking pharmacy to new high levels. He informs about e-cloud where in physicians enters all of the information in the patient's secure data field. He also explains regarding pharmacogenetics, a field comprises of...
- The game of life. Pay, David // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Oct2012, Vol. 93 Issue 1109, p8
The tale "The Game of Life," by David Pay is presented.
- What consumers read. // Drug Store News;7/20/98, Vol. 20 Issue 11, pCP38
Takes a look at the information in some consumer magazines that may have drug store customers asking pharmacists some serious questions. Includes popularity of kava root as a remedy for stress, anxiety and nervousness; Dangers of larger doses of vitamin C; Benefits of the supplement selenium.
- The one-minute walk. Plagakis, Jim // Drug Topics;10/23/95, Vol. 139 Issue 20, p28
Relates the author's efforts to comfort a patient whose husband died. Author's need to nurture people who hurt.
- Patients can't identify R.Ph., APhA reports. Conlan, Michael F. // Drug Topics;12/9/96, Vol. 140 Issue 23, p25
Highlights the findings of the survey of pharmacy consumers conducted by the American Pharmaceutical Association. Barriers to effective communications between pharmacist and consumers; Inaccessibility of the pharmacist; Interest of consumers in the concept of pharmaceutical care services.
- Clinical collaboration. Lamb, Ed // Pharmacy Today;Mar2009, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p32
The article profiles Nicole Paterson, Doctor of Pharmacy of the Fairview Pharmacy Services in Minnesota. Paterson works collaboratively to standardize and advance pharmaceutical care in the state. She became one of the first pharmacists to practice medication therapy management (MTM) and...
- Knowledge, attitudes, and perceptions of pharmacists to adverse drug reaction reporting in Iran. Ghazal Vessal; Zeinab Mardani; Mehri Mollai // Pharmacy World & Science;Apr2009, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p183
AbstractÂ Â Objective Adverse Drug Reactions (ADRs) are a major cause of patient morbidity and mortality. Spontaneous reporting of ADRs remains the cornerstone of pharmacovigilance and is important in maintaining patient safety. In order to determine whether our pharmacovigilance system...
- Introduce yourself. // Pharmacy Today;Sep2004, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p25
In this article, Dan Herbert, a community pharmacist in Richmond, Virginia and current president of the American Pharmacists Association talks about the importance of introduction in pharmacy. According to him, self introduction makes personally communicating easier, which is essential in...