'Thinking afresh on engagement
- Work-family issues: You had better address them! Mikalachki, Alexander; Mikalachki, Dorothy // Business Quarterly;Spring91, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p49
Discusses the need for executives to address the concept of work-family. Importance of work-family; Child care; Relocation issues; Elder care; Stress; Action recommendations.
- How Congress wants to balance work and family. Feldmann, Linda // Christian Science Monitor;2/25/97, Vol. 89 Issue 62, p1
Focuses on how the United States' government proposes to balance work and family issues. Grand Old Party's (Republicans) proposal for an amendment to the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938; Reference to the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); President Bill Clinton's plan to allow workers up to...
- Working Parents' Strategies For Balancing Employment And Child Care. // Jet;04/03/2000, Vol. 97 Issue 17, p20
Focuses on strategies that parents use to balance child care and employment in the United States.
- Can you balance work & family? Reich, Robert B. // Parenting;May97, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p154
Presents the author's reflections on balancing time between work and family. Hiring a babysitter; Cutting back on work; Devotion of more time to what is more valued; Improvement of time-management skills. INSET: Now hear this! (tips on parenting)..
- Alignment of family and work roles. Zimmerman, Jill; Cochran, Larry // Career Development Quarterly;Jun93, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p344
Examines the similarity of family members and co-workers. Alignment of positive and negative roles in family and work; Possible explanations behind the transfer of family roles to work roles.
- Toward a review and reconceptualization of the work/family literature. Barnett, Rosalind C. // Genetic, Social & General Psychology Monographs;May98, Vol. 124 Issue 2, p125
Examines the extent to which family and work impact on each other. Importance of work/family issues to the economic viability of organizations and for the welfare of families; How progress has been hampered; Details on the study.
- It's about time. Figart, Deborah; Mutari, Ellen // Dollars & Sense;Jan/Feb98, Issue 215, p27
Provides information on working mothers in Europe, with highlights of their solutions to the work/family dilemma, based in part on national work time, and family leave policies that are generous by United States standards. Indication that women are finding it easy to work part-time or take...
- Juggling job and family. Adams, John L. // Vital Speeches of the Day;12/1/93, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p125
Presents speech by the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Texas Commerce Bank, given before the National Council of Jewish Women, dealing with the issue of balancing work and family. Challenge to corporate leaders; Work-family contexts and programs; Initiative of the American Business...
- In print. // Women & Environments;Fall/Winter91, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p22
Reviews the report `Beyond the Parental Leave Debate,' by The Families and Work Institute.