Situational Awareness Tech Drives Transportation Apps
- Transitioning from Challenges to Solutions. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Apr2007, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p68
The article reports on the acquisition of Segway HT units at the University of Maryland Department of Public Safety in Maryland. The acquisition is to provide a safe and secure environment in the University's premises. With the Segway HT, the police officers stand a lot higher and they can see...
- Terrorism Threat Makes Port Exposures RISKY BUSINESS. Tuckey, Steven // National Underwriter / P&C;4/4/2005, Vol. 109 Issue 13, p12
Reports on the cost estimation of seaport to upgrade the port security of the Coast Guard to meet federal laws passed in 2002 by Joe Baker, executive director of the International Cargo Security Council in Annapolis, Maryland. Attempt of lawmakers in creating a national money-making mechanism to...
- House Bill Includes Cabin Security Provisions. // Air Safety Week;7/20/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p4
The article reports on the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Authorization Bill passed by the U.S. House of Representatives that includes the flight attendant security training . It states that the bill authorizes flight attendants to finish not less than five hours of hands-on self...
- Business Opportunities. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;5/8/2013, p8
The article offers news briefs as of May 8, 2013. A Request for Proposal (RFP) for the Mobile Video Surveillance System (MVSS) was issued by the Customs and Border Protection. The Domestic Nuclear Detection Office is looking for information on commercial-off-the-shelf radiological and nuclear...
- This Week's News: The Us Transportation Security Administration Yesterday Issued A Usd165 Million Contract. // AirGuide Business;1/4/2010, p1
The article reports on the issuance of a purchase contract for whole-body imagers by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration in the U.S.
- Battelle Awarded $350M TSA contract. // Airport Security Report;10/6/2010, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p1
The article reports that the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has awarded a 350 million dollar contract to the Battelle Memorial Institute which will provide security equipment in government testing facilities and airports in the U.S.
- Canadian Tech Company Finds Little U.s. Interest In Its 3-d Scanner. // AirGuide Online.com;3/22/2010, p2
The article reports on the development of a 3-D scanner by Canadian entrepreneur Voti Inc. that has attracted 4 million US dollars in venture funding but the US Transportation Security Agency proves to be hard to crack in the U.S.
- TSA announces delay in driver background check. Wilson, Charles E. // Modern Bulk Transporter;Nov2003, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p6
Shares perspectives on the announcement of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) concerning the fingerprint-based criminal history background investigation. Impetus behind the driver background investigation; Terms of the TSA schedule that was announced; Focus of the TSA program.
- Business Opportunities. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;7/3/2012, p7
This section offers news briefs related to terror response technology in the U.S. The Illicit Trafficking Radiation Assessment Program is continually being developed by the Domestic Nuclear Detection Office. The Industry Day will be hosted by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) on...