Changing the World
- Once Upon a Financial Crisis: A Planner Roundtable. Nelson, Christina; Ritchin, Lance // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2009, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p42
Information about several papers discussed during a roundtable discussion among financial planning professionals, including Roy T. Diliberto, Jonathan T. Guyton, Tim Kochis, and Diahann W. Lassus, are presented. They were asked on the impact of the deep market collapse and how they would manage...
- A View from the Top. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2000 SourceBook 2001, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p42
This article presents an interview with Financial Planning Association (FPA) leaders Roy T. Diliberto and Guy M. Cumbie concerning the organization. Regarding the association's major accomplishments, one of the first things that comes to mind is the mergers of chapters and societies. That...
- Let the Descendents of the Yellow Emperor Stand Up (April 8, 1995). Lee Teng-Hui // Chinese Law & Government;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p83
Presents the text of a speech by the eighth president of the Republic of China to the 10th plenary session of the National Unification Council in April 8, 1995.
- Using humor in a speech? Proceed with caution. Adubato, Steve // Business News New Jersey;02/22/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p17
Focuses on the use of humor in speech. Avoidance of telling jokes; Benefits from humor; Use of humor in appropriate setting.
- Sitting in Chan. Hsüan Hua // Religion East & West;Oct2008, Issue 8, p33
In this excerpt from his instructional talks, a patriarch in the Wei Yang lineage of Chan Buddhism gives instruction in the Chan meditation method of focusing the mind on the topic "Who is this who is mindful of the Buddha?" The method raises doubt about the reality of the self. He also...
- Words of Power. // Scholastic Scope (Teacher's Edition);2/21/2003, Vol. 51 Issue 13, pT-3
Analyzes speeches made by U.S. Presidents Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy, to comprehend them and relate them to students' lives today. Prereading strategies on qualities of a president; Discussion for the class; Suggestion for students to write a children's book.
- Condemnation of the Soviet System. Motta, Giuseppe // Vital Speeches of the Day;10/8/34, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p11
Presents the speech given by the author before the sixth committee of the League of Nations at Geneva, Switzerland on September 17, 1934. Focus on communism in Russia; Other features of the speech.
- Farewell Address to the NRA Forces. Johnson, Hugh S. // Vital Speeches of the Day;10/8/34, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p12
Presents the speech given by the author in Washington on October 1, 1934. Focus on the role of National Rifle Association; Other features of the speech.
- The Search for Excellence. Butler, Nicholas Murray // Vital Speeches of the Day;10/8/34, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p18
Presents the speech given by the author at the opening of the 181st year of Columbia University in New York on September 26, 1934. Focus on the role of education; Other features of the speech.