Surviving In a Split-Screen World
- Starz Revamps Affiliate Sales, Marketing Units. // Multichannel News;7/7/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p14
Reports that the U.S.-based movie service provider Starz Encore Group LLC has decided to reorganize its affiliate sales and marketing departments. Career background of the company's president, Bob Clasen; Importance of marketing and affiliate relations in driving penetration for the company's...
- Is Stars Aligned? Hemingway, Jonathan // Broadcasting & Cable;1/7/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 1, p28
The article focuses on the growth of television network Starz LLC in the U.S. It states that chief executive officer (CEO) Bob Clasen looks for a different kind of happy ending story which reveals the company's business gamble, which is the brand new film studio Overture. Clasen has built a...
- Random Notes:. Maxwell, Paul // CableFAX Daily;4/17/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 74, p4
The article presents the author's comments on events related to the U.S. cable television. The Atlanta's Aquarium is described as spectacular. The author thought he was in the old TCI boardroom along with the sharks, whales and minnows. The National Show is a success. Some of the great lines...
- LIBERTY MEDIA UPS CLASEN TO CEO. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/1/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 42, p44
The article presents information on Bob Clasen who has been upped from president and chief operating officer of the Starz Entertainment Group to president and CEO by Liberty Media Corp. Robert Bennett, president and CEO of Liberty Media, said that since Clasen joined Starz as president of sales...
- MaxFAXï¿½Random Notes. Maxwell, Paul // CableFAX Daily;10/31/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 211, p4
Reflects on several issues related to cable television in the U.S. Collaboration between AT&T and SBC; Participation of executives Bob Clasen and Brad Dusto in an event held by the Women in Cable and Telecommunications; Increase in the salaries of chief executive officers.
- Retrieval of lexical-syntactic features in tip-of-the-tongue states. Miozzo, Michele; Caramazza, Alfonso // Journal of Experimental Psychology. Learning, Memory & Cognition;Nov97, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p1410
Analyzes the gender retrieval performance of Italian speakers who signaled that they were in a tip of the tongue (TOT) state. Reference to (Bock, 1982; Burke, Mackay, Worthley and Wade 1991; Butterworth, 1989; Dell, 1990; Fromkin, 1971; Garrett, 1975, 1976; Levelt, 1989; Martin, Weisberg, and...
- Evidence that strategy effects in word naming reflect changes in output timing rather than... Jared, Debra // Journal of Experimental Psychology. Learning, Memory & Cognition;Nov97, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p1424
Studies the effects in word naming reflect changes in output timing rather than changes in processing route. Reference to (Besner and Smith, 1992; Carr and Pollatsek, 1985; Coltheart, 1978; Coltheart, Curtis, Atkins, and Haller, 1993; Paap, McDonald, Schvaneveldt, and Noel 1987, et al;...
- Late talkers. // Redbook;Oct92, Vol. 179 Issue 6, p194
Discusses the common developmental problem of delayed speech. Looks at how and when most children catch up to their peers.
- Sharpening the silence. Anderson, C. // Commonweal;4/21/89, Vol. 116 Issue 8, p230
Opinion. Reflects on the meaningfulness of enforced silence. Language's role in society.