Frequent Hazards: Encountered During Storm Restoration
- From Snowdon's peaks to Bermuda's shores. // Forestry & British Timber;Oct2003, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p33
Focuses on the arboriculture business of Treevolution in Bermuda Islands. Sponsorship of chainsaw manufacturers to the company; Expertise of Treevolution arborists in tackling the aftermath of storms; Work of the team in the actual clear-up operations.
- Please forgive winterberry. Bender, Steve // Southern Living;Nov97, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p96
Presents information on the winterberry plant. Environments in which the plants can grow; How to grow a winterberry plant; Description of the plant. INSET: Winterberry at a glance..
- PREPARING FOR HURRICANE TIME. // American Forests;Summer2006, Vol. 112 Issue 2, p20
The article presents information on how trees can be saved from hurricanes. The International Society of Arboriculture has released tips to survive the trees from storms. Rains and strong winds during hurricanes can damage the trees. Trees should be looked for cracks in their trunks and limbs,...
- Now on tape... // Landscape Management;Oct95, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p31
Reports on the availability of the `Tree Climbers Guide' on five 60-minute audio cassettes, from the International Society of Arboriculture. Price; Contact information.
- AA/ISA merger talks vote. // Forestry & British Timber;Sep2003, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p10
Presents the question members of Arboricultural Association and International Society of Arboriculture (UK and Ireland Chapter) asked to vote on in a postal ballot. Possibility of a merger between a discussion group compromising representatives of both organizations; List of discussion group;...
- Essential EVENTS. // Forestry & British Timber;Aug2004 Supplement, Vol. 33, p4
Presents calendar of events related to arboriculture.
- The regular dates-for-your-diary slot. // Forestry & British Timber;2007 Supplement, p4
A calendar of events for the arboriculture sector in Great Britain for January-July 2008 is presented which includes the seminar on risk assessment for commercial arboriculture, the three-day course on professional tree inspection and the forum on basic tree survey and inspection.
- Tree-selection brochure. // American Nurseryman;3/15/95, Vol. 181 Issue 6, p14
Reports on the publication of International Society of Arboriculture's brochure entitled, `Buying High-Quality Trees,' by Alex Shigo. Focus on tree selection; Pricing; Contact information.
- Is there an arborist in the house. // American Nurseryman;8/15/95, Vol. 182 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the International Society of Arborists' development of a new certification program to help homeowners and other locate knowledgeable arborists.