THE FIFTH QUARTER
- Boardroom Ballads. Finnie, John // Accountancy;Mar1983, Vol. 94 Issue 1075, p151
Reviews the book 'Boardroom Ballads,' by Bertie Ramsbottom.
- Corporate Governance and Disclosure Quality: Taxonomy of Tunisian Listed Firms Using the Decision Tree Method based Approach. Khiari, Wided; Karaa, Adel // Journal of Applied Economics & Business Research;2013, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p95
This study aims to establish a typology of Tunisian listed firms according to their corporate governance characteristics and disclosure quality. The paper uses disclosed scores to examine corporate governance practices of Tunisian listed firms. A content analysis of 46 Tunisian listed firms from...
- Corporate governance update. Bendall, Jeremy; Shaw, Tim // Chartered Accountants Journal;Nov97, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p10
Reports an update on corporate governance in New Zealand. Importance of corporate governance; Comments on the United Kingdom Cadbury and Greenbury codes; Principles of corporate governance; Significance of accountability; Summary of the key proposals; Roles of directors; Remuneration of directors.
- Corporate governance code published. Mitchell, Ian // Chartered Accountants Journal;Apr98, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p88
Presents information the Hampel report on corporate governance which was published in the United Kingdom. Reference to the Companies Act of 1948; Indication that Sir Ron Hampel proposed the report; Failures in the report which were highlighted by the Association of Chartered Certified...
- Corporate governance. Bosch, Henry // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p21
Presents an overview of the position of corporate governance world-wide. Reference to the publication of the `Hampel report' on corporate governance in the United Kingdom; Impact of the `Cadbury report' on several companies in Britain; Views of the author.
- CEOs divided on prioritising shareholders. // People Management;11/21/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 23, p16
Discusses about the European debate concerning corporate governance. Comments of various executives regarding corporate governance; Significance of profitability on companies' success.
- Hampel blasted for failing to tackle old-boy culture. Walsh, Jennie // People Management;2/5/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p16
Presents criticisms of the final report of the Hampel committee on corporate governance in Great Britain. Disappointment on the problem of appointing of non-executive directors; Issues concerning training; Need for a reform of directors' duties.
- Rainbow coalition. Jackson, Peter; Boisclair, Jean-Pierre // CA Magazine;Dec96, Vol. 129 Issue 10, p34
Discusses two separate frameworks that provide perspectives on governance and accountability for public and private organizations. Inseparability of the issues of control and information; Assessment of the effectiveness of an organization's systems of control; Enhancement of the ability to...
- Spoken & written. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug90, Vol. 11 Issue 63, p30
Presents excerpts of several articles and speeches related to corporate governance in the United States.