- Thanksgiving in the words of those who made history. // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);11/23/2006, Vol. 99 Issue 47, p5
An excerpt from the book "Of Plymouth Plantation," by William Bradford is presented.
- Did the Pilgrims Fall Upon Their Knees When they Arrived in the New World? Art and History in the Ninth Chapter, Book One, of Bradford's History of Plymouth Plantation. Brumm, Ursula // Early American Literature;Mar1977, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p25
Examines the history of William Bradford in the book 'Of Plymouth Plantation.' Kinship between history and literature; Metaphors of Bradford; Characteristics of Bradford.
- The Theology of History in Of Plymouth Plantation and Its Predecessors. Hovey, Kenneth Alan // Early American Literature;Mar1975, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p47
Reviews the book 'Of Plymouth Plantation,' by William Bradford.
- William Bradford. Goldman, Phyllis Barkas // Monkeyshines on Great American Authors;1996, p34
The article presents information about William Bradford, an American historian. William Bradford was born in Austerfield, England. When Bradford was very young, his father died. Bradford spent his childhood with his two uncles. Bradford worked hard and did not let his rough childhood affect the...
- GREAT EARLIER TASKS. Miller, Perry // New Republic;11/17/52, Vol. 127 Issue 20, p28
Reviews the book "Of Plymouth Plantation," by William Bradford.
- APPENDIX A: RECOMMENDED READING. // 60 Hikes Within 60 Miles: Boston;2007, p357
A variety of reading materials that relate to the topics featured in the book "60 Hikes Within 60 Miles: Boston" including "Inventing the Charles River," by Karl Haglund, "Of Plymouth Plantation" by William Bradford, and "Narrative of the Captivity and Restoration of Mrs. Mary Rowlandson," by...
- 'As Dying,Yet Behold We Live ' Donegan, Kathleen // Early American Literature;Mar2002, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p9
Focuses on the American colonial identity depicted in the book 'Of Plymouth Plantation,' by William Bradford. Conceptualization on the life of the English people; Formulation of a body politic model on the status of the English settlers; Emergence of the coloniality to be a material structure...
- He Sees America Reading. Gold, Sarah F. // Publishers Weekly;9/8/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 36, p42
An interview with Jay Parini, author of the book "In Promised Land," is presented. According to Parini, books that changed America include "The Federalist Papers" and "Of Plymouth Plantation." He mentioned that he is thrilled by the American characters, including bravery and sense of freedom. He...
- Wampum in Ford Madox Ford's The Good Soldier: A Native American and Modernist Artifact of Place. Larabee, Mark D. // Space Between: Literature & Culture, 1914-1945;2010, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p59
The article discusses the origin and usages of "Wampum," a native American artifact in early twentieth-century and explores its role in Ford Madox Ford's novel "The Good Soldier." Colonial texts in Roger Williams's book "A key Into the Language of America" and William Bradford's "History of...