Somewhere Between Great and Small: Disentangling the Conceptual Jumble of Middle, Regional, and 'Niche' Powers
- Note from the Editor--Issue 2 2013. // Baltic Security & Defence Review;2013, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including Russian soft power, Poland's geopolitical view of the Baltic, and the role of the U.S. in Europe.
- CHINA'S QUEST FOR "SOFT POWER": IMPERATIVES, IMPEDIMENTS AND IRRECONCILABLE TENSIONS? YUEZHI ZHAO // Javnost-The Public;2013, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p17
From establishing Confucius Institutes all over the world to mounting an advertising blitz in New York's Times Square, the Chinese state's multifaceted endeavour to strengthen its "soft power" has been highly visible and the subject of much recent political, journalistic, and scholarly...
- TÃœRKÄ°YE'NÄ°N GELECEK SORUNU: STRATEJÄ°K AÃ‡IK. AY, Hakan; ERGÜN, Oğuzhan // Celal Bayar University Journal of Social Sciences / Celal Bayar ;Jun2014, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p206
On the agenda formed by firstly democratic deficit, economic, judiciary, administrative and current deficits, on the return of Prime Minister RT Erdogan's trip to Japan, his statement including that Turkey does not have an aim of being a regional or global power points out that Turkish...
- From the Editor's Desk. // Journal of Diplomacy & International Relations;Summer/Fall2013, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p7
An introduction is presented that discusses the issue topic of the role of middle powers in international relations, noting an article on the aspiration of small states to become middle powers.
- The Dynamics of Middlepowermanship. Behringer, Ronald M. // Journal of Diplomacy & International Relations;Summer/Fall2013, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p9
The article discusses the notion of middlepowermanship in international relations in relation to human security endeavors. Topics include the involvement of middle powers in establishing United Nations (UN) peacekeeping forces and institutions, the use of multilateral diplomacy by middle powers,...
- Editor's Message. // Journal of Applied Global Research;Winter2012, Vol. 4 Issue 11, preceding p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including professional practice, major issues in a range of hard and soft sciences, and teaching and learning.
- Editor's Message. // Journal of Applied Global Research;Spring2012, Vol. 5 Issue 12, preceding p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including professional practice, major issues in a range of hard and soft sciences, and philosophical judgment.
- What Went Wrong with the U.S.'s China Policy. Li Ding // Chinascope;Nov/Dec2012, Issue 60, p6
The article discusses five things that went wrong with the China policy of the U.S. One thing that went wrong was reportedly the unfettered opening of the U.S. market to China. Another thing that had gone wrong was allegedly the negligence on China's development of soft power. Other errors in...
- Cai Mingzhao: Present Good Information about China and Spread China's Voice. // Chinascope;Sep/Oct2013, Issue 65, p22
An excerpt from the article "Cai Mingzhao: Present Good Information About China and Spread China's Voice," by Cai Mingzhao published in the October 10, 2013 issue of "People's Daily Online" is presented.