Swimming: A Plan B Essay
- Swimming into History. Dragovich, Debra // Highlights for Children;Oct2012, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p36
The article features swimmer Lynne Cox, which is considered the best cold-water long-distance swimmer in the world.
- PEI expatriate completes swim in South Africa. // Active Living: Newsletters;Jan2007, pN10
The article reports that Kristin Roe, a swimmer from Prince Edward Island, has competed a marathon swim from Robben Island to Cape Town in South Africa. Roe, the first Canadian-born swimmer to accomplish the challenge, has taken three hours and nine minutes to cover the 8-kilometer stretch. The...
- Swimming athlete Tang Wing-yung wins a gold medal at the 6th Asian Open Water Swimming Championship. // Sports Bulletin;Jul2013, Vol. 7, p5
The article reports on swimmer Tang Wing-yung, who won a gold medal during the 6th Asian Open Water Swimming Championship Women's Race 5 kilometer event held in Kapshagay, Kazakhstan from June 17-22, 2013.
- The Strokes. Weiner, Jill // New York;
The article presents brief interviews with four swimmers who competed in the Manhattan Island Marathon Swim, which covers 28.5 miles. Swimmer Connor Bowman says it is much less boring than swimming in a pool. Alan Morrison's fear was the tough current they were going to swim against at the...
- SHE TAKES A LONG SWIM OFF A SHORT PIER. Levin, Dan // Sports Illustrated;12/06/1971, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p38
The article features 22-year-old Diana Nayd, who is known as the best woman distance swimmer in the world in 1971. Nayd previously trained as a tennis player but the sport was not meant for her and she discovered this truth after she joined the 1970 Labatt's International Ten-Mile Marathon Swim,...
- Keeping the Safety Messages Simple: The International Task Force on Open-Water Recreational Drowning Prevention. Quan, L.; Bennett, E.; Moran, K. // XIth International Symposium for Biomechanics & Medicine in Swim;2010, Issue 11, p371
Globally, many organizations addressed the risk of drowning associated with aquatic recreation by promoting a plethora of drowning prevention messages. Preliminary discussion among drowning prevention advocates suggested that messages could be contained within simplified generic messages...
- USMS LONG DISTANCE OPEN WATER CHAMPIONSHIPS. // Swim Magazine;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p36
Presents information on several events in the U.S. Masters Swimming Long Distance Open Water Championships to be held on June 12-July 17, 2004.
- 2003 USMS LONG DISTANCE ALL-AMERICANS. // Swim Magazine;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p38
Presents a list of swimmers who finished first place in their age group during the U.S. Masters Swimming Long Distance All-Americans championship event in 2003.
- 2003 USMS/ARENA LONG DISTANCE ALL-STARS. // Swim Magazine;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p38
Presents a list of swimmers who won during the 2003 U.S. Masters Swimming/ARENA Long-Distance All-Star championship event.