- DEC: North Country Trail in New York? // New York State Conservationist;Feb2008, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p37
The article deals with a proposal from the New York state Department of Environmental Conservation which would create a new 140-mile trail winding from Boonville on the western edge of the Adirondack Mountains to Crown Point on the shores of Lake Champlain. This trail could become the newest...
- Trails Supporter Patch. // New York State Conservationist;Aug2007, Vol. 62 Issue 1, p28
The article reports on the sale of the Trails Supporters Patch to help protect and enhance the public trail network and promote outdoor recreational activity in New York state. The patch can be purchased for a $5 donation at all sporting license outlets and on the website of the Department of...
- State downsizes plan to expand Belleayre ski trails. Skriloff, Dylan // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/17/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p15
The article reports on the decision of New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to eliminate three miles of trail expansion at Belleayre Mountain ski center due to budgetary concerns. State Senator John Bonacic and supporters of the mountain criticized the decision of DEC, calling...
- WINONA STATE FOREST: WINTER WONDERLAND. McCarlan, Mariclaire // New York State Conservationist;Feb2004, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p26
Provides information on Winona State Forest, a winter park that offers outdoor activities to winter recreationists in New York. Historical background of the state forest; Information on the decision of a group of citizens and the U.S. Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to develop a...
- ACCESS for ALL. Fraser, Carole; Verschoor, Karin // New York State Conservationist;Dec2005, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p26
This article looks at the improvements made by the Department of Environmental Conservation to its outdoor facilities in New York State as of December 2005. The concept of access to the outdoors has been changed by the combination of technology and an awareness of the needs and capabilities of...
- BRIEFLY. // New York State Conservationist;Jun2013, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p28
The article presents news briefs related to nature conservation in New York. The Department of Environment and Conservation (DEC) has released a warning advising anglers not to catch lake sturgeons because of their declining population in the Great Lakes, the Saint Lawrence River, Finger Lakes...
- DEC begins project to aid state's efforts at curbing pollution. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p21
Reports on the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's project aimed at enhancing pollution prevention efforts. Evaluation of public health and environmental risks.
- DEC ozone advisories available from hotline. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p37
Reports on the availability of advisories on ozone formation from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). Forecast that ozone levels likely to exceed standards set by Environmental Protection Agency.
- DEC's Dichotomy. Edinger, Frances M. // Conservationist;Sep/Oct87, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p50
Presents a letter regarding the role of Department of Environmental Conservation in New York.