The Political Role and Democratic Contribution of Churches in Post-Apartheid South Africa
- From Religious Transcendence to Political Utopia: The Legacy of Richard Turner for Post-Apartheid Political Thought. Piper, Laurence // Theoria: A Journal of Social & Political Theory;6/1/2010, Vol. 57 Issue 123, p77
In recent times South African politics has come to exhibit features typical of many post-colonial contexts, not least the rise of acrimonious and confrontational politics based around personalities and forms of populism. In such contexts rational dialogue and democratic deliberation become...
- The Rhetorical Success of Thabo Mbeki's 1996 ï¿½I Am an Africanï¿½ Address. Sheckels, Theodore F. // Communication Quarterly;Jul2009, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p319
Thabo Mbeki's 1996 ï¿½I Am an Africanï¿½ address, delivered on the occasion of the Constitutional Assembly's passage of a new constitution for a truly democratic South Africa, was successful and memorable. Three strategies account for its success: its use of what Bakhtin termed...
- chapter 1: Political outlook. // South Africa Business Forecast Report;2008 1st Quarter, p6
The article provides information on the political conditions in South Africa in 2008.
- chapter 1: Political Outlook. // South Africa Business Forecast Report;2009 4th Quarter, p9
The article presents the political outlook of South Africa, highlighting its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Chapter 1: Political Outlook. // South Africa Business Forecast Report;2011 4th Quarter, Issue 4, p7
The article presents the political outlook for South Africa.
- South Africa's new foreign and military policy: Opportunities and constraints. Crawford, Neta C. // Africa Today;1995 1st /2nd Quarter, Vol. 42 Issue 1/2, p88
Discusses South Africa's foreign and military policy under the democratic government formed in May 1994. Legacy of apartheid era foreign policy; Militarization of South Africa; Pitfalls of the `Total Strategy'; South Africa's foreign policy under president Nelson Mandela; Joining the...
- Government Structure. // South Africa Country Review;2009, p35
The article offers information on the structure of the government in South Africa.
- Political Conditions. // South Africa Country Review;2011, p10
The article presents the political conditions of South Africa including the transition of the country into democracy, South African President Thabo Mbeki issued a call for global solidarity, and South African white supremacist Eugene Terreblanche was beaten to death.
- TAKE NOTE. // Finweek;7/15/2010, p8
The article offers updates on political issues in South Africa, including the postponement of the controversial traffic project, the aversion of a possible strike by the workers of the energy company Eskom Holdings Ltd., and the release of new rules and guidelines for the country's mining industry.