Masculine Women, Feminist Men
- The Feminist Spectator in Action: Feminist Criticism for the Stage and Screen. Tillotson, Stephanie // Platform (17510171);Autumn2014, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p97
No abstract available.
- Feminism and Fiber: A History of Art Criticism. Robertson, Jean // Surface Design Journal;Fall2001, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p39
An essay is presented on feminism and fiber. It offers information about the position and meaning of fiber within feminist art history and criticism over the past three decades. It discusses various issues of gender and questions about class, race, sexuality, and age. The author also highlights...
- A representaÃ§Ã£o da mulher no conto "Colheita", de NÃ©lida PiÃ±on: mulher emancipada. Casagrande, Sarah; Zolin, Lúcia Osana // Acta Scientiarum: Human & Social Sciences;Jan2007, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p15
The feminism, civil, political and social movement had its first rumours in England during the Victorian Age (1837-1901). From that time it expanded around the world until nowadays struggling to conquer equality, in the difference, between women and men. In literature, the movement gave...
- Feminist Literary Criticism. Freccero, Carla // Reader's Companion to U.S. Women's History;1998, p222
Feminist literary criticism can be defined as the study of literature by women, or the interpretation of any text written with an attention to gender dynamics or a focus on female characters. Many of the histories of feminist literary criticism by womanist or feminist critics of color are often...
- feminist criticism (1960s- ) Literary Theory/Feminism. // Dictionary of Theories;2002, p199
A definition of the term "feminist criticism" is presented. It is a term used in literature which refers to critics who analyze the repressive images of women in male fiction.
- Anita Singh & Shreyasee Datta: Feminist Dramaturgy. Singh, Anita; Datta, Shreyasee // Muse India;Jul/Aug2011, Issue 38, p48
The article focuses on Indian feminist plays and role of women in literary history. It mentions that women's presence in theater has been served, by projecting an inflated image of man. It informs that recent decades many plays have been made from the politics and culture of the current women's...
- The Authority of Experience (Book Review). McBride, Mary // Library Journal;1/15/1977, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p202
Reviews the book 'The Authority of Experience: Essays in Feminist Criticism,' edited by Arlyn Diamond and Lee Edwards.
- New Feminist Criticism: Essays on Women, Literature, and Theory. Mikal Garza, Ruth // Journal of South Texas English Studies;Winter2013, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p45
The article reviews the book "New Feminist Criticism: Essays on Women, Literature, and Theory," edited by Elaine Showalter.
- Media studies and reference. Williams, Linda Ruth // Sight & Sound;Aug2000, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p35
Reviews the book `Television, History and American Culture: Feminist Critical Essays,' edited by Mary Beth Haralovich and Lauren Rabinovitz.