- Are Bullies Criminals? // Scholastic Scope;9/6/2010, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p18
An essay is presented regarding death of a 15-year-old girl due to bullying.
- What Do You Think? // Scholastic Scope;9/6/2010, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p19
A quiz concerning the aspects of bullying is presented.
- Pasadena. Najarian, Peter // Witness;2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p50
Presents an essay in which the author narrates events in his life, particularly his childhood days in Pasadena, California. Shares his experiences about the death of his loved ones; Reminisces the undying love of his mother.
- Black History Month Contest Focuses on Bullying. // Tennessee Tribune;2/6/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p1A
The article offers information on the essay contest in Tennessee sponsored the "The Tennessee Tribune" newspaper, the non-profit organization The Links Inc., and Hendersonville, Tennessee Area Chapter, which focuses on the problem of bullying in communities and local schools.
- The Greatest Challenge. Evans, Tiffany // 21st Century;Mar96, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p20
An essay is presented on the author's alcoholic father. It offers an overview of how she realized her father has a drinking problem. The author relates how her father's drinking kept getting worse and its impact on the family. She also describes the challenge of having a broken family and the...
- The Real West. Mason, Andrea Clark // Weber: The Contemporary West;Fall2008, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p16
An essay about the author's experience of staying in the West is presented. The author shares the culture in which she was raised, how Gretel Erlich influenced her, and the first time her family went to Denver, Colorado. The author also mentions her college life, going to Moscow, Idaho, and her...
- What Does a Cat Know. Clifton, Dorinda // Gettysburg Review;Autumn2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p371
This essay discusses various situations surrounding a cat named Green Olive. How the cat and his owner cohabitate; The day that Green Olive showed up at the back door; Discussion between a daughter and her mother about the daughter's boyfriend; Death of a father; Finding out information about...
- Money from Home. Mills, Richard // Crazyhorse;Spring2004, Issue 65, p75
This essay presents the author's recollections of a vacation that he took with his family when he was ten years old. He first described how they managed to take a vacation through a gift given by an unknown person in Ireland after his or her death. The vacation brought out the experiences of his...
- The Gospel According to Pâ€”. LaValle, Victor // Paris Review;Summer2010, Issue 193, p137
Presents a first person narrative in which the author discusses a trip that the took during his childhood to visit his father, stepmother, and stepbrother.