HUMANITIES: ESSAY. The Victorian Medical Show
- From the editors of archaeology: Specially selected treasures from around the world. // Archaeology;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p18
Presents information on several artifacts regarding their features, price and availability. INSET: Call toll free..
- Vanderbilt begins investigation of mummy. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);11/6/95 Supplement Annual, Vol. 42 Issue 45, p51PA
Reports that Long Island's only Egyptian mummy is receiving professional attention. Who was responsible for the preservation of the project; Comments by Dr Bob Brier of Long Island University 's CW Post campus (Brookville).
- History of Antiquities Administration in Cyprus. Stanley-Price, Nicholas // American Schools of Oriental Research Newsletter;Summer98, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p2
Relates the author's studies on the history of antiquities administration in Cyprus. Work with libraries, archives and the Department of Antiquities of Cyprus; Focus on the preservation of antiquities under the British colonial rule; Evaluation of the 1874 Ottoman Antiquities Law; Practices of...
- Managing the archaeological heritage. Cleere, Henry // Antiquity;Jun93, Vol. 67 Issue 255, p400
Explains the identification, protection, preservation and presentation to the general public of material remains of the past. Provision of a doctrinal setting by the International Committee on Archaeological Heritage Management (ICAHM) of the International Council on Monuments and Sites...
- Preservation and the academically viable sample. Startin, Bill // Antiquity;Jun93, Vol. 67 Issue 255, p421
Discusses ways on how to formulate an effective heritage management program. Studying archaeological resource by destructive processes; Identifying key activities involved in heritage management; Concept of the `professor boredom factor' (PBF) for study of individual sites; Acceptance of...
- Save this in remembrance of me. McCormick, Patrick // U.S. Catholic;May2001, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p46
Explores the fascination with old relics and antiques. Criticism on the television program `The Antiques Roadshow'; Views on the value of the antiques; Importance of antiques to one's life.
- Small scale antiquities. Gimelson, Deborah // Architectural Digest;Mar1993, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p52
Discusses fragments of art pieces from classical Greece and Rome. Evolution of the Greek ideal of corporeal beauty; Fragments as most likely artifacts to have survived; Small objects as talismans or means of trade; Excavated glassmaking site in Greece on the island of Rhodes; Artistic quality...
- IT'S A FIND! what should I do next? P. B. // Odyssey;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p18
The article offers tips on what to do if an individual discovers a potential artifact which include seeking assistance from the appropriate agencies, taking notes and pictures of the location and position of the artifact.
- An Archaeologist's work. P. B. // Odyssey;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p19
The article offers information on the work of an archaeologist for the storage and conservation of the shipwreck's artifacts.