- Introduction. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);9/26/2008, Issue 454, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one describing a heroic journey from true worseness to genuine wellness, one on an excerpt from a new essay by Sam Harris, and one on related links in the Oddities section.
- A November night in Whitehorse. Widmer, Nadia // Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine;Fall2009, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p164
An essay is presented on teenage pregnancy in Canada. The author cites her experience as a medical student in aiding a teenage girl whose boyfriend thought she has a serious renal problems and later that night laboured a baby girl. The author mentions the provinces in Canada with the highest...
- Research and Personal Writing. Lopate, Phillip // Creative Nonfiction;Fall/Winter2011, Issue 43, p65
This article presents the author's insights regarding research and personal writing. The author says that research encourages curiosity, helps people break out self-absorption, and brings a broader importance of one's personal story. He mentions his experience writing a personal essay for an...
- El perfil como gÃ©nero periodÃstico. Rosendo, Belén // ComunicaciÃ³n y Sociedad;1997, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p75
The article presents an analysis of the journalistic profile, which refers to the current tendency in journalism to write about people, or about events with their main characters. The author highlights the utility of such trend, as it satisfy human curiosity, and it helps to understand and...
- Pennies. Grugan, Michael // 21st Century;Oct97, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p20
The author discusses the lessons he learned from Annie Dillard's essay "Seeing." The author suggests that people observe nature, people, and themselves, look at the details, accept what Dillard calls as the world's unwrapped gifts and gather the pennies. He adds that in doing so, they will feel...
- Winning essays offer ideas from teens. // Nation's Health;May/Jun97, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p9
Presents how the California's Public Health Foundation Enterprises Incorporated (PHFE) willing to share copies of winning essays and the entry form to offer ideas from teens. Questions posed by PHFE and the California Association of School Health Educators; Three purposes of the contest.
- Voice of experience. // Teacher Magazine;Oct97, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p12
Reports on Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation's search for essays and writing by senior teachers with 15 years classroom experience discussing how they have kept their passion for teaching and learning alive for publication in a book.
- Teen contest winners write essays on teenage pregnancy. // Nation's Health;Jul99 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p16
Highlights the fourth annual essay contest sponsored by Public Health Foundation Enterprises Inc. in 1999. Question of the essay; Judges; Purpose of the essay contest; Contact information.
- Trust Is A Value That Grows Naturally In Rural Georgia. Wood, Regina // Oracle (19417896);2008, Vol. 7, p156
An essay is presented on the true essence and value of rural town in Georgia. It offers the history of the rural community wherein trust among the family and neighborhood is commonly practiced. The author relates her experiences living in small town wherein she and her family have blessed with...