Striving for Instructional Communication Competence: Maximizing Students' Learning Potential through Awareness and Assessment of Instructional Communication Behaviors
- The High School-College Writing Gap: Formative Assessment Applications. // Journal of Developmental Education;Winter2007, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p34
The article presents the result of a survey among new students enrolled in their first writing course at the George Washington University (GW) regarding their high school writing experiences. The data collated from the participants revealed that literary analysis, analytical essays and...
- Women's Rhetorical Agency in the American West: The New Penelope. Kelly, Casey // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2008, p1
This essay examines the ways in which women's rhetorical agency is tied to material structures and socialization processes. Using women's experiences in the American West at the end of the 19th century, I analyze how fissures in the cult of true womanhood in frontier life afforded women new...
- NEWS BRIEFS. // Graham Leader;9/5/2012, Vol. 137 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the kick off of the second annual Livestock Animal Essay Contest on September 5, 2012, in which the event is open to Young County students in grades three through 12, home-schooled students and students who attend public or private schools.
- Livestock essay contest open to 4-H'ers. // Graham Leader;9/5/2012, Vol. 137 Issue 6, p2
The article reports on the kick off of the 2012 Second annual Livestock Animal Essay Contest on September 5, wherein the event is open to Young County students in grades three through 12, home-schooled students and students who attend public or private schools.
- Once more once upon a time again. Saltzman, Arthur M. // Contemporary Education;1998, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p126
Opinion. Discusses the writing and grading of composition essays by college students. Indepth look at the writing technique; Details on excitement in the essays; Information on the composition text in relation to audience awareness.
- OU kosher essay contest under way. // New Jersey Jewish News;2/23/2012, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p28
The article reports on the acceptance of entries for the fourth annual OU Kosher Essay Contest for students in grades seven-12 across North America.
- Kansas students invited to enter essay contest. // High Plains Journal;10/10/2011, Vol. 129 Issue 41, p6-B
The article offers information on the annual essay contest called "Kansas! Say It Above a Whisper," sponsored by the Native Sons and Daughters of Kansas, and arranged for students of Kansas' schools.
- Idea retrieval in argumentative text writing by 11-18 year old students. Delphine, Pouit; Caroline, Golder // European Journal of Psychology of Education - EJPE (Instituto Su;Dec2002, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p309
Presents a study that examined the idea retrieval process in argumentative text writing by 11 to 18-year-old students in France. Details of the use of knowledge telling and knowledge transforming strategies in the study; Quantitative and qualitative analyses of essays written by the students;...
- Seventh grade Munday student wins 5th place in MLK, Jr. essay contest. // Munday Courier (TX);1/30/2008, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p1
The article provides information on the seventh grade student who won the Martin Luther King essay contest in Munday, Texas.