As A MATTER OF FACT: J. GRESHAM MACHEN'S DEFENSE OF THE METAPHYSICAL AND MORAL
- JOHNGRESHAMMACHEN CONTRA O LIBERALISMO: EMDEFESA DA FÉ CRISTÃ. Da Silva Santos, Valdeci // Fides Reformata;2004, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p143
John Gresham Machen (1881-1936) was one of the most articulate defenders of orthodox Christianity against the liberalizing and rationalizing trends of the early twentieth century in the United States. Influenced by his Reformed Protestant background, Machen was trained as a minister at Princeton...
- Christianity, modern liberalism and J. Gresham Machen. Hart, D.G. // Modern Age;Summer97, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p234
Focuses on the significance of J. Gresham Machen's contributions to modern liberalism and Christianity. Evaluation of his influence on American Protestantism and culture; Background of Machen's fundamentalist training and experience; Progressiveness of his views of the ethos dominating the...
- FROM THE EDITOR. // Fides et Historia;Winter/Spring2009, Vol. 41 Issue 1, preceding p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Ogbu Kalu on African Pentecostalism, one by Rick Kennedy on religion and historiography and one by Brantley W. Gasaway on theologian John Gresham Machen's views on scientific naturalism.
- Tribute to Dr. Machen. Buck, Pearl S. // New Republic;1/20/37, Vol. 89 Issue 1155, p355
The article presents an obituary for J. Gresham Machen, religious fundamentalist in the U.S.
- Christianity and Liberalism. Gilley, Gary E. // Journal of Dispensational Theology;Apr2011, Vol. 15 Issue 44, p95
The article reviews the book "Christianity and Liberalism," by J. Gresham Machen.
- When is a fundamentalist a modernist? J. Gresham Machen, cultural modernism, and conservative... Hart, D.G. // Journal of the American Academy of Religion;Fall97, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p605
Focuses on the life of United States fundamentalist J. Gresham Machen. Background information on his family and early childhood; Accomplishments of Machen; Reference to some of his books such as `Christianity and Liberalism'; Developments of fundamentalism.
- Editor's Notes. // Foundations (0144378X);Autumn2004, Issue 52, p1
Discusses the views of D. G. Hart on evangelicalism during the 20th century. Contribution of Westminster Seminary founder J. Gresham Machen to the modernist controversy of the 1920s and 30s in the U.S.; Overview of the book "Light for the City--Calvin's Preaching, Source of Life and Liberty,"...
- THE CHRISTIAN VIEW OF MAN. // America;7/17/1937, Vol. 57 Issue 15, p358
The article reviews the book "The Christian View of Man," by J. Gresham Machen.
- Fundamentalist's Bible. DOWD, WILLIAM A. // America;3/28/1936, Vol. 54 Issue 25, p598
The article reviews the book "The Christian Faith in the Modern World," by J. Gresham Machen.