Quieten your inner critic
- Preventing Burnout. Davis, Kenneth G. // Family Practice Management;Apr2000, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p70
Provides information on preventing burnout among family physicians. Recognition of preventive measures to avoid burnout; Need to engage outside medicine practice; Importance of physical exercise to increase sense of well-being; Significant of peers and colleagues relationships.
- Study warning over GP 'burnout'. // Pulse;2/1/2012, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p3
The article reports on a study published in "BMJ Open" which found high levels of burnout among general practitioners (GPs) working in Essex, England.
- Don't call me Mother Teresa. Farrell, Liam // GP: General Practitioner;5/13/2002, p31
Focuses on views of the author regarding a competition advertised in the medical press in Great Britain requesting essays from general practitioners on the topic 'The impact of migraine in general practice'. Prize announced for the competition; Impression of the author about judges of the...
- Relation between immune variables and burnout in a sample of physicians. Bargellini, Annalisa; Barbieri, Alberto; Rovesti, Sergio; Vivoli, Roberto; Roncaglia, Roberto; Borella, Paola // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Jul2000, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p453
Evaluates the relationship between burnout, job characteristics, anxiety and immune variables among physicians. Effects of personal and job characteristics on emotional exhaustion; Prevalence of exposure to psychological overload; Accounts on the high incidence of work related psychological...
- Rest and recovery a phone call away. Ratcliffe, Lucy // New Zealand Doctor;4/20/2011, p15
The article reports on the Goodfellow Symposium 2011 where Dr Fiona Moir revealed the results of a study that highlighted much lower levels of burnout from doctors who used the services of Villa Sana, a doctor's retreat in Norway.
- GP burnout levels high, study shows. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Mar2012, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p9
The article reports on the results of a survey showing that the levels of burnout of the general practice are high in Great Britain.
- BATTLING BURNOUT. // Pulse;Jun2013, p61
The article presents an online recap from pulsetoday.co.uk, which includes the Take Pulse's validated test which measure stress, step-by-step guide to undertake burnout from Doctor Chris Hewitt, and the four key stages of general practitioner (GP) burnout from Professor David Peters.
- Training pushes GPs to burn out. // Pulse;4/29/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 17, p14
Reports on a survey conducted by Kings College in London, England about the emotional exhaustion and burnout from heavy workload experienced by GP in Great Britain. Effect of heavy workload on the relationships of GP with friends and family; Percentage of GP who experienced high level of...
- Correction. // British Journal of General Practice;Jan2016, Vol. 66 Issue 642, p15
A correction to the article "Association of GPs' risk attitudes, level of empathy, and burnout status with PSA testing in primary care" by Anette F. Pedersen, Anders H. Carlsen, and Peter Vedsted, that was published in the November 2015 issue, is presented.