The Mysterious Disappearance and Death of Edgar A. Poe
- POE AS POET. // Scholastic Scope;10/29/2001, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p13
Presents the poem 'Annabel Lee,' by Edgar Allan Poe.
- Happy Birthday, Poe! // Scholastic Scope;1/5/2009, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the month celebration for famous writer Edgar Allan Poe on his 200th birthday in January 19, 2009 which includes the new movie "Tell-Tale" starred by Josh Lucas, putting a modern-day approach of Poe's 1843 short story "Tell-Tale Heart."
- POE'S 'MISS B.' AND 'ANNIE' Freeman Jr., Fred B. // American Notes & Queries;Jan74, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p79
Deals with two ladies believed to be the last romantic attachments of Edgar Allan Poe. Information on Eliza Jane Butterfield and Annie Richmond; Details of how Poe met the two ladies.
- Ouch! A rabid end to Poe. O'Meara, Stephen // Odyssey;Mar97, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p4
Presents a contention on the cause of the death of writer, Edgar Allan Poe. Speculation on alcoholism; Rabies as the last proposition on death; Premonition of Poe's death in his `Black Cat' short story.
- The Masque of the Red Death. Poe, Edgar Allan // Plays - The Drama Magazine for Young People;May2010, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p21
The article presents the script of the play "The Masque of the Red Death," by Edgar Allan Poe, adapted by Tracy Wells.
- When I Was a Kid. Asher, Sandra Fenichel // National Geographic World;Oct98, Issue 278, p10
Presents information as it pertains to the life of Edgar Allan Poe. Reference to some of Poe's stories; Types of stories which Poe wrote; Background information on Poe; How Poe became involved in writing. INSET: Short and Sad.
- SCENES FROM "POLITIAN". Poe, Edgar Allan // Collected Works of Poe, Volume V;2006, p233
The article presents the script of the play "Politian," by Edgar Allan Poe.
- History, narrative, and authority: Poe's `Metzengerstein'. DeNiccid, Jerome // College Literature;Jun97, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p71
Explores the authority a writer wields over his narrative in `Metzengerstein,' by Edgar Allan Poe. Dual metempsychosis; Enactment of a parallel desire for narrative authority; Need to contain and control its meaning.
- Reading Poe in salary: Mark Twain's use of `The Raven,'... Comeau, Robert C. // Southern Literary Journal;Fall96, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p26
Focuses on the literary works of author, Edgar Allan Poe. Influence of Poe's writings on author Samuel Clements; Background information on Poe; Excerpts from Poe's works.