What are the three professional attributes that contribute most to creating an effective Defense financial manager?
- Four traits to cultivate. Spanberger, Peter G. // Financial Executive;Jul/Aug90, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p17
This article discusses the changing profile of a financial executive. The author examines how the responsibilities of a chief financial officer (CFO) has changed during the previous twenty years and how it may change during the 1990s. He advises that communication skills, adaptability and...
- A 'partner in procurement'. Daou, Nathan // Government Procurement;Aug/Sep2008, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p12
An essay is presented which provides insights on several ways to deal with an organization that is trying to undermine the competitive procurement process during an economic crisis. It provides scenarios on how to spend money wisely and employing wise financial management. It also relates how...
- Reality Checks In. Carter, Carol // Georgia Trend;Dec2002, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p81
Reports on advice given by various financial executives in Atlanta, Georgia on managing the money in troubled economic times. Need to understand that people's expectations for work, career and money are based upon factors they have no control over; Views of Gary Lutrick of Atlanta's Signal...
- 2005 FMA ANNUAL MEETING CHICAGO, ILLINOIS. // Journal of Applied Finance;Fall/Winter2004, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p66
This article presents information on the 2005 Financial Management Association Annual Meeting in Chicago, Illinois on October 12-15, 2005. The Thirty-Fifth Annual Meeting will be held October 12-15, 2005 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel. The Association's Annual Meeting brings together academicians...
- HANDLING INVOLUNTARY BANKRUPTCIES: TOP TWENTY TIPS. Friedman, Richard C. // Debt Cubed;May/Jun2007, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p12
The article offers tips for petitioners, judges, alleged debtors, assignees, secured creditors and trustees on how to handle involuntary bankruptcies.
- From the Executive Director. Hale, Robert F. // Armed Forces Comptroller;Spring2006, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p7
The article introduces various reports which deal with the efforts of financial managers to meet the challenges of war and natural disasters.
- Out of Context. // Money Management;8/4/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p2
Presents quotes about financial management from several financial executives in Australia.
- how to sell. Sables, David // Grocer;11/3/2012, p53
The author explains why selling is the fundamental skill of an account manager, and how a concept can be misunderstood because of poor explanation.
- Managing in Difficult Times. Gibbons, Patrick T. // Banking Ireland;Summer2011, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p17
An essay is presented on ways to help financial managers reflect on what they are doing in their organisations as well as to highlight several alternative concepts. It suggests that managers need to combine solid, conceptual, intellectual, and technical skills with subtle inter-personal and...