The Several-Storied Thomas Merton
- THOMAS MERTON, THE RESTLESS TRAPPIST. Russell, John // Quadrant Magazine;Sep2004, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p44
Provides information on Thomas Merton, the Trappist monk who was accidentally electrocuted by a faulty fan in Bangkok, Thailand on December 10, 1968. Personal background; Origin of the Cistercian Order at Citeaux in France; Publication of Merton's autobiography "The Seven Storey Mountain";...
- Meditations of a man with an uncaged mind. Woodward, Kenneth // Newsweek;9/14/1998, Vol. 132 Issue 11, p64
Focuses on the journals of Thomas Merton, author and Trappist monk. Contents of the journals, which were published posthumously; Mention of his spiritual autobiography `The Seven Storey Mountain'; His cloistered life; How he died.
- Merton's New Novices: The Seven Storey Mountain and Monasticism in a Freshman Seminar. King, David // Merton Annual;Nov2003, Vol. 16, p73
Offers observation on Thomas Merton's book "The Seven Storey Mountain." Experience in teaching an introductory literature course to sophomore students at Kennesaw State University in Georgia; Reflections on monastic life; Description of Merton on Trappist monasteries.
- Merton: Convert, Household Word. // Priest;Jan2012, Vol. 68 Issue 1, p54
The article features Trappist Father Mary Louis Merton, author of "The Seven Storey Mountain."
- Audio reviews. Finlayson, Alexander; Annichiarico, Mark // Library Journal;7/1/1992, Vol. 117 Issue 12, p149
Reviews the sound recording `The Seven Storey Mountain,` by Thomas Merton.
- Untitled. // New Yorker;2/21/1959, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p120
An excerpt from the book "The Seven Storey Mountain," by Thomas Merton is presented.
- Introduction: Merton's Openness to Change and his Foreshadowing of a Feminist Spirituality. Kramer, Victor A. // Merton Annual;Nov2001, Vol. 14, p7
Introduces a series of articles on the monastic life of Thomas Merton.
- Editor's Note. J. E. B. // Cistercian Studies Quarterly;2008, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p377
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Victor Kramer that reviews the significance of the life and teaching of Thomas Merton and another by Michael Casey on a study of one prominent Cistercians fathers.
- THE MERTON MODEL. TAFT, PHILIP B. JR // Commonweal;10/9/2015, Vol. 142 Issue 16, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "The Myth, The Monk, The Man" by Thomas Merton in the September 11, 2015 issue.