- Probiotics consumers get specific. // Chain Drug Review;10/10/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p21
The article reports a research conducted by Montreal, Quebec-based Institute Rosell Lallemand according to which health-conscious consumers are aware of the advantage of strain specificity over beneficial bacteria in probiotics.
- FOCUS ON: PROBIOTICS. // Natural Solutions;Apr2011, Issue 133, p40
The article offers information on the probiotics. It states that probiotics support human body's health through the digestive tract by the restoration of healthy bacteria. It mentions that can regulate bowel movements and help in the treatment of diarrhea, colitis, and Candida. It also adds that...
- To the Editor. Baden, Daniel // Australian Journal of Herbal Medicine;2013, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p51
A letter to the editor is presented in response to a presentation on probiotics given by naturopath and Western herbalist Jason Hawrelak at the 2013 International Conference on Herbal Medicine held in Melbourne, Victoria.
- To the Editor. Hawrelak, Jason // Australian Journal of Herbal Medicine;2013, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p52
A response by naturopath and Western herbalist Jason Hawrelak to a letter to the editor about his presentation on probiotics at the 2013 International Conference on Herbal Medicine, is presented.
- PROBIOTIC CDâ„¢. Lasky, Elliot // Psychology Today;Jul/Aug2011 Best in Wellness Supple, p8
An interview with Elliot Lasky, vice president of Natural Products Division at supplements and vitamins manufacturer NBTY Inc., is presented. Lasky explains the importance of probiotics as a growing category of products that influence digestive health. He also describes the role of probiotics in...
- ESSENTIAL FORMULAS. Pescatore, Fred // Psychology Today;Jul/Aug2011 Best in Wellness Supple, p14
An interview with Doctor Fred Pescatore, director of research at Essential Formulas, is presented. He describes what are probiotics and their role in promoting healthy digestion and immune system. Pescatore also discusses the different probiotics, who should be taking probiotics, and the...
- Major Players Lift Probiotics. // MMR;10/18/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p49
The article discusses the introduction of probiotics products by several companies including Procter & Gamble Co. and Bayer Consumer Health in the U.S.
- Correction. // U.S. News & World Report;12/31/2007, Vol. 143 Issue 23, p10
A correction to the article "Some Bacteria for Brunch?" that was published in the December 10, 2007 issue is presented.
- POLL QUESTION. // Functional Ingredients;Oct2010, Issue 101, p8
The article presents a poll question regarding the best delivery system for probiotics, including supplements, yogurt, and beverages.
- Probiotics. Scahill, Shane L. // Journal of Primary Health Care;Mar2013, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p81
The article deals with the recommendation of some community pharmacies to take antibiotics as an adjunct to antibiotic therapy among adult patients. An overview of the effectiveness of probiotics in addressing antibiotic-associated diarrhoea (AAD) in children, is provided. It relates the adverse...