Delirium in Older Persons
- Causes of delirium in a prospective study of elderly hospital patients. // Age & Ageing;Jan97 Supplement, Vol. 26, p29
Presents an abstract of the study `Causes of Delirium in a Prospective Study of Elderly Hospital Patients,' by S.T. O'Keeffe and J. Lavin, presented during the communications to the autumn meeting of the British Geriatrics Society on October 3-4, 1996 in London, England.
- Commentary on "Large Neutral Amino Acid Changes and Delirium in Febrile Elderly Medical Patients" van der Mast, Rose C. // Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences & Medical ;May2000, Vol. 55A Issue 5, pB253
Comments on the study `Large Neutral Amino Acid Changes and Delirium in Febrile Elderly Medical Patients.' Definition of delirium; Causes of the increase of phenylalanine during illness.
- Delirium in the elderly patient. Bross, Michael H.; Tatum, Nancy O. // American Family Physician;11/1/1994, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p1325
Discusses various aspects of delirium in the elderly patient. Epidemiology and risk factors; Clinical presentations of delirium; Diagnostic evaluation; Physical examination; Management; Prevention.
- Geriatric medicine. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97 Supplement, Vol. 20, pS24
Presents an abstract of the research manuscript `Validity of the confusion assessment method in detecting post-operative delirium in the elderly,' by D. Rolfson, K. Rockwood and J. McElhaney from the Dalhousie University.
- Use of bedside tests of attention to diagnose delirium. O'Keeffe, S.T.; Gosney, M.A. // Age & Ageing;Sep96 Supplement, Vol. 25, p28
Presents an abstract of the study `Use of Bedside Tests of Attention to Diagnose Delirium,' by S.T. O'Keeffee and M.A. Gosney, presented during the Communications to the Spring Meeting of the British Geriatrics Society on April 11-13, 1996 in Canterbury, England.
- Light on sundown syndrome. Donaldson Jr., Robert M.; Berkowitz, Henry D. // Cortlandt Forum;5/25/95, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p61
Presents the responses of Charles S. Krin of Rayville, Louisiana and Michael E. Abrams of Urbandale, Iowa on an item on sundown syndrome. Palliative treatment; Dosages of haloperidol and lorazepam.
- Predicting delirium in elderly patients: Development and validation of a risk-stratification model. O'Keeffe, S.T.; Lavan, J.N. // Age & Ageing;Jul96, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p317
Examines the prediction of delirium in elderly patients. Delirium as a complication of acute illness in the elderly; Development and validation of a model predicting delirium; Observations in the aged.
- Delirium in old age (Book). Burns, A. // Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery & Psychiatry;May2003, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p693
Reviews the book 'Delirium in Old Age,' edited by J. Lindesay, K. Rockwood and A. MacDonald.
- The effect of delirium education on use of target PRN medications in older orthopaedic patients. Hunter, Kathleen F.; Cyr, Daniel // Age & Ageing;Jan2007, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p98
A letter to the editor is presented about the effect of delirium knowledge on use of pro re nata (PRN) medications in older orthopedic patients.