- Multimodality staging optimizes resectability in patients... Awad, Samir S.; Colletti, Lisa // American Surgeon;Jul1997, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p634
Evaluates the case of consecutive patients with histologically proven pancreatic or ampullary adenocarcinoma related between 1992 and 1996. Patients and methods used in the study; Calculations of sensitivity, specificity and predictive values of resectability and unresectability; Locations of...
- Evaluation of a Serologic Marker, CA19-9, in the Diagnosis of Pancreatic Cancer. Pleskow, Douglas K.; Berger, Harvey J.; Gyves, John; Allen, Elaine; McLean, Arlene; Podotsky, Daniel K. // Annals of Internal Medicine;5/1/89, Vol. 110 Issue 9, p704
Presents a study that determined the utility of the serologic marker CA19-9 in the diagnosis of pancreatic cancer in patients suspected of having a pancreatic disorder. Methodology used in the study; Discussion on the results of the study; Medical care reports.
- Two microRNA diagnostic panels may detect pancreatic cancer. // Hem/Onc Today;3/10/2014, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p19
The article discusses research being done on the use of microRNA diagnostic panels in patients with pancreatic cancer, which references a study by N. A. Schultz in a 2014 issue of the "Journal of the American Medical Association."
- Novel immunoassay detected early stage pancreatic cancer. Sticca, Robert P. // Hem/Onc Today;2/10/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the findings of a study presented at the 2010 Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium in Orlando, Florida which claimed that a novel immunoassay that identifies and quantifies blood levels of the PAM4 protein may detect early-stage pancreatic cancer.
- Coffee consumption and pancreatic cancer: temporal and spatial correlation. Benarde, Melvin A.; Weiss, William // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);2/6/1982, Vol. 284 Issue 6313, p400
Examines the correlation between coffee consumption and pancreatic cancer in the United States. Data on coffee consumption; Differences on the birth cohort cancer curves by race and sex; Utilization of Pearson correlation coefficient to describe the degree of relationship between the two variables.
- Early screening for pancreatic and ovarian cancer. Simon, Richard; R.M.D. // Cortlandt Forum;9/25/95, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p98
Focuses on some of the best early screening procedures to detect cancer of the pancreas and ovary in patients without symptoms. Contrast-enhanced CT scan; Duodenal endoscopic ultrasound.
- 15 Year Old Develops Test For Pancreatic Cancer. EDABURN, PATRICK // Moderate Voice;02/07/2013, p2
The article reports on the development of a test by a 15-year-old man which is believed by scientists to be a useful tool in the early diagnosis of pancreatic cancer.
- Striking arthritis in a Little League coach. Kagen, Lawrence J. // Cortlandt Forum;7/25/96, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p195
Presents a medical case involving a 60-year old man who was diagnosed for adenocarcinoma of the pancreas. Presentation of arthritis and synovitis; Symptoms of pancreatic tumor; Fat necrosis and inflammation; Differential diagnosis showing panniculitis and erythema nodosum.
- Metformin/vildagliptin. // Reactions Weekly;1/25/2014, Issue 1485, p26
The article presents a case study of a 68-year-old man who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer during treatment with metformin and vildagliptin for type 2 diabetes.
- Endoscopic Ultrasonography--Guided Fine-Needle Aspiration Biopsy of Suspected Pancreatic Cancer. Gress, Frank; Gottlieb, Klaus; Sherman, Stuart; Lehman, Glen // Annals of Internal Medicine;03/20/2001, Vol. 134 Issue 6, p459
Investigates the negative-yield rate of endoscopic ultrasonography-guided fine-needle aspiration (FNA) biopsies in patients with suspected pancreatic cancer. Defining criteria for pancreatic cancer; Median size of mass lesions; Likelihood ratio for negative test result; Percent prevalence of...