Setting it straight
- Law Schools Need New Strategies to Reverse Negative Trends. Denney, Bob // Law Practice: The Business of Practicing Law;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p12
The article focuses on the decrease in the number of lawyers in law firms in the U.S. According to the National Association for Law Placement, while summer associate offer rates increased modestly this year, that figure remains far below the 60 percent offer rate in 2007. This has affected the...
- CORRECTIONS. // Crain's Detroit Business;12/7/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 47, p2
Corrections to articles in the November 30, 2009 issue are presented which include an article on attorney Thomas Hardy of Hardy Lewis & Page PC, an article on Howard Hertz of Hertz Schram PC, and an article on Harrington Dragich PLLC.
- The List. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;4/1/2005, Issue 323381, p10
This section presents a list of law firms in San Joaquin Valley, California, ranked by number of local attorneys. Some of them are: Bolen, Fransen & Russell; Coleman & Horowitt LLP; Bradford & Barthel LLP; Lozano Smith and others. The firm Lozano Smith practices in the field of social education,...
- Primary movers. // Lawyer 2B;2/27/2012, p62
The article reports on a new finding by the University of Sheffield shows that law firms may be missing a recruitment trick in primary schools. It is noted that the chance to try tricks on judges' and barristers' gowns and wigs were discussed by Claire McGourlay and Zoe Ollerenshaw, senior...
- Earn while you learn: Eversheds launches groundbreaking LPC with BPP Law School. Ames, Jonathan // Lawyer 2B;Spring2012, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p7
The article reports that law firm training partners and course providers fear that a lack of flexibility in the solicitors' qualification regime is hampering the English legal profession's competitiveness. Law firms are asking regulators to reform the process. Law firm Eversheds recently struck...
- Clogged Pipeline. Schwartz Temple, Hollee // ABA Journal;Oct2012, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p29
The article presents information on the issue of the lack of growth of women in the law firms that lead to the skipping of the law schools by women in the U.S. The enrolment of the women in the law schools of the U.S. witnessed a decline due to the treatment of women in the legal profession....
- Plagiarism Within the Legal Profession and Academe. Cajucom, Oscar Carlo F. // Ateneo Law Journal;Dec2010, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p787
An essay is presented on aspects regarding plagiarism in academe and legal profession in the Philippines. It states that plagiarism is a complex factor that affects the legal profession academe in the Philippines. It mentions that issues of plagiarism committed by legal practitioners and...
- LIETUVOS TEISINIŲ INSTITUCIJŲ INTELEKTINĖS SCHEMOS ŠALIES TEISINĖJE SISTEMOJE. Urmonas, Algimantas // Teise / Law;2013, Vol. 86, p185
No abstract available.
- Largest law firms Ranked by number of attorneys. // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p16
Presents statistics related to largest law firms of Cleveland, Ohio ranked by number of attorneys. Contact information of law firms; Partner details; Staff information.