- CORRECTION. // Control Engineering;Nov2002, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p26
Presents errata of 'Chip-Based Motion/Motor Control Saves Time Cost, and Space,' published in the October 2002 issue of the journal 'Control Engineering.'
- CORRECTION. // CardLine;1/26/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p43
The article presents a correction to an article about Gemalto's production of smart cards in Canada.
- Mass acceptance sought for smart cards in Asia. Racine, John // American Banker;6/21/95 Supplement, Vol. 160, p15A
Discusses the efforts of Southeast Asian governments to increase consumer acceptance of smart card technology. Use of paper money in Vietnam; Banks' issuance of credit cards with chip technology; Development of technology for use as a national identification card and for the storage of medical...
- Playing with a new deck. Brown, Randy // Buildings;Jul98, Vol. 92 Issue 7, p72
Presents information on the emerging card technologies. Uses of mag-stripe cards; Information on computer-chip smartcards; Potential boost in card use. INSET: Ready-to-ware.
- Stored value cards. Mahoney, Lisa // Bank Marketing;Oct95, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p65
Presents information on stored value cards that are designed to replace cash for small purchases and that which uses either magnetic stripe or integrated circuit technology. Survey on consumer interest on multiple-application smart cards; Merchants' interest on the use of stored value cards;...
- Smart cards. // Chain Store Age;Feb97, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p146
Updates on the developments concerning smart cards as of February 1997. Includes the launching of a software product to develop PC-based smart cards at CeBIT '97 by France-based Bull CP8 and Aladdin Knowledge System Ltd.; Tools for developing smart cards that conform to the standards approved...
- Smart-card OSs aid application development. Nath, N.S. Manju; Granville, Fran // EDN;10/10/96, Vol. 41 Issue 21, p22
Presents various smart cards operating systems (OS) designed to provide functions that a computer OS does not provide such as access control and file management with the data-storage electrically erasable programmable read-only memory. Includes Siemens Corp.'s CardOS; Advanced Card Systems'...
- Consumers fail to see wisdowm of `smart' cards. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/02/96, Vol. 30 Issue 34, p20
Reports on the lukewarm reception given to `smart' cards release by banks and merchants during the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta, Georgia. Function of smart cards; Mixed reviews given to the cards; Background on several food service firms' smart card offers; Benefits of smart cards.
- The brave new lift ticket. Meyers, Charlie // Ski;Dec95, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p46
Focuses on the use of electronic tickets in several ski resorts. Range of electronic ticket products; Testing of a global positioning product using the ticket chip technology; Uses of electronic tickets.