- Correction. // Governing;Jan2009, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p11
A correction to the article "How Much Were Those Scissors?" that was published in the November 2008 issue is presented.
- Senate calls for probe of Coconut Rd. Crabtree, Susan // Hill;4/18/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Senate voted 64-28 to direct the Department of Justice to investigate the controversial Coconut Road earmark connected to Representative Don Young of Alaska.
- County road review ends. // Planning (14672073);10/17/2008, Issue 1791, p6
The article reports on the completion of the public inquiry on the controversial plans for a bypass in Westbury in West Wiltshire, England. According to the author, the Â£33 million scheme was approved by the city council in May 2007 and was cancelled by the government because of its highly...
- Correction. // Parks & Recreation;May2007, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p68
A correction to the February 2007 issue's "Picture This" is presented.
- FINANCE BRIEFS. // Regeneration & Renewal;4/27/2009, p5
The article offers news briefs related to finance in Great Britain. The Scottish Government plans to set up an investment bank to support business growth. Meanwhile, the Big Lottery Fund has awarded Â£1 million to a project to transform the Rockingham Community Hall in Barnsley into a modern...
- DA's office to investigate town of Tupper Lake. Collier, Jessica // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/29/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 152, p1
The article reports on the investigation in the town of Tupper Lake, New York for its negative handling of finances.
- Investigators say EU fund fraud easy. Pisarova, Martina // Slovak Spectator;11/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 43, p2
Presents the results of an investigation by the Supreme Control Office in Slovakia into an alleged misuse of European Union (EU) funds in 2001. Significance of some problems with the distribution and management of EU funds; Background on a fraud scandal involving a former Government Office...
- Independent review supports Barts as government delay costs trust dearly. // Public Private Finance;Mar2006, Issue 101, p4
The article reports on the investigation conducted by the North East London Strategic Health Authority regarding the postponement redevelopment project at Barts hospital in London, England. The result of the investigation revealed that the postponement of the project would be detrimental to east...
- Scottish committee upset by 'snub' from UK ministers. Scott, David // Public Finance;6/25/2004, p15
Reports on the claims by Members of the Scottish Parliament that the chancellor and other ministers in Great Britain declined to help them with an inquiry into the future of structural funds in Europe. Reasons for the refusal of the ministers and the chancellor; Views of the British government...