- Correction: Noninvasive Ventilation in Acute Cardiogenic Pulmonary Edema. // Annals of Internal Medicine;7/6/2010, Vol. 153 Issue 1, p67
A correction to the article "Noninvasive Ventilation in Acute Cardiogenic Pulmonary Edema," that was published in the previous issue is presented.
- Erratum. // CJEM: Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine;Sep2006, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p316
A correction to the article "Diagnostic Challenge," published in the July 2006 issue.
- Clarifications. // Alert Diver;Fall2009, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p9
Corrections to articles are presented in the July/August 2009 issue including "Getting to the Root of Dental Problem," "Theory Into Practice" and "Incident Insights."
- Emergency! Acute pulmonary edema. van Orden Wallace, Carol J.; Moore, Amy Slugg // RN;Jan98, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p36
Presents a case of a patient with acute pulmonary edema. Patient's history of hypertension and coronary artery disease; Discussion on a two-tier approach of oxygen and drug treatments; Alternative methods of treatment suggested in case patient's condition fails to improve. INSETS: Acute...
- When i made my hotel room into an ICU. Fisher, Linda A. // Medical Economics;3/25/96, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p130
Opinion. Relates the experience of having to cope with a mother who was diagnosed with pulmonary edema: orthopnea and dyspnea. What was the author's state of mind; Information on the author's diagnosis; How were the author and her mother able to cope.
- Fulminant Unilateral Pulmonary Edema After Insertion of a Chest Tube - a Complication After a Primary Spontaneous Pneumothorax: In reply. Schmidt-Horlohé, Nina; Azvedo, Chadwick T.; Rudig, Lothar; Habekost, Michael // Deutsches Aerzteblatt International;3/27/2009, Vol. 106 Issue 13, p2
A response by Nina Schmidt-HorlohÃ© and colleagues to a letter to the editor about their article "Case report: Fulminant unilateral pulmonary edema after insertion of a chest tube: a complication after a primary spontaneous pneumothorax" in the 2008 issue is presented.
- Pulmonary edema in a boy with biopsy-proven poststreptococcal glomerulonephritis without urinary abnormalities. Fujinaga, Shuichiro; Ohtomo, Yoshiyuki; Umino, Daisuke; Mochizuki, Hiroshi; Takemoto, Mayako; Shimizu, Toshiaki; Yamashiro, Yuichiro; Kaneko, Kazunari // Pediatric Nephrology;Jan2007, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p154
A letter to the editor on a case of pulmonary edema in a child with acute poststreptococcal glomerulonephritis without abnormalities in the urine is presented.
- Pulmonary oedema after acute asphyxia in a child. Boykett, M. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/8/89, Vol. 298 Issue 6678, p928
Present a case of severe pulmonary edema after acute asphyxia in a child. Manifestation of florid bilateral pulmonary edema without cardiomegaly; Administration of oxygen, ampicillin and hydrocortisone and performance of bronchoscopy; Delay of extubation and resolution of radiological...
- Surfactant therapy in neonates with respiratory failure due to haemorrhagic pulmonary oedema. Amizuka, Takasuke; Shimizu, Hiroshi; Niida, Yuichi; Ogawa, Yunosuke // European Journal of Pediatrics;2003, Vol. 162 Issue 10, p697
We studied the clinical and biochemical factors associated with surfactant dysfunction and factors affecting the responsiveness to exogenous surfactant among 27 neonates with haemorrhagic pulmonary oedema (HPE). HPE was defined as the presence of a large amount of blood-stained lung effluent and...