- Tax-Exempt Bonds Closing Agreement Program. // Practical Accountant;Nov2001, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p16
Discusses the United States Internal Revenue Service's creation of a voluntary closing agreement program for tax-exempt bonds discussed in 'Notice 2001-60.' Opportunity for bond issuers and conduit borrowers to correct violations of the tax law and regulations on tax-exempt bonds; Contact...
- Uniform audits ahead? Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/08/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30721, p1
Reports on the uniformity in the tax-exempt bond enforcement program of the United States government. Maturity of the regulation of municipal bonds; Growth of intermediate sanctions regime.
- Clinton's looming veto jeopardizes bond programs in Republican tax cut bill. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/10/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30723, p5
Reports on the spate of tax-exempt bond proposals in the United States Congress' $792 billion tax bill. Negotiation of a tax deal; Provisions of the appropriations bill in the US Congress.
- TAX-EXEMPT BONDS: A SACRED COW THAT GAVE (SOME) MILK. Zimmerman, Dennis // National Tax Journal;Sep89, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p283
This article addresses issues related to tax-exempt bonds in the U.S. as of September 1989. Entitled to reverence and respect or holy might leap to the minds of many state and local officials, investment bankers, and bond lawyers upon seeing the term sacred used to refer to tax-exempt bonds. But...
- Connecticut special purpose bond interest. Rice, John B. // CPA Journal;Jun95, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p73
Discusses the Connecticut legislature's cancellation of the tax exemption on special purpose bonds. Background and main provisions of the legislation; Effect of the legislation on filing refund claims for calendar 1991 tax years.
- Devising a New Type of Security For Seattle' Tight Housing Market. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/21/2007 Deal of the Year Awards, Vol. 362, p40
The article focuses on a bond deal of the King County Housing Authority, in conjunction with the Snohomish County Housing Authority and the Seattle Housing Authority, that won the Far West small-issuer Deal of the Year award in the U.S. The authorities used private sector mezzanine-type funding...
- BATA Back at It With $800M Deal. JENSEN, RANDALL // Bond Buyer;10/25/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33404, p1
The article reports on the selling of 800 million dollar worth of taxable and tax-exempt debt in San Francisco, California by the Bay Area Toll Authority. It notes that the selling of the debt helps fund massive modernization projects that include replacement of the eastern span of the San...
- Illiquidity, Light Demand Put Muni Market Off by 4 BP. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;3/31/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33492, p1
The article reports that tax-exempt bonds have been sold off by four basis points at maturities from five to 20 years due to lack of liquidity and thin demand in the U.S. It notes that a matched duration for assets and liabilities is sought by insurance companies and banks. It mentions that...
- Final yield-burning rules. // Practical Accountant;Mar99, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the issuance of tax regulations on arbitrage restrictions for tax-exempt bonds in the United States.