Sound strategy is the route to successful staff selection
- Sound strategy is the route to successful staff selection. McHale, Jo // People Management;07/27/95, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p48
Provides information about `Right First Time,' a video resource discussing the task of getting the right candidate for a vacancy. Other issues discussed in the video; Difference of `Right First Time' video from the other video.
- Less pause for thought. McHale, Jo // People Management;05/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p68
Reviews two video tapes on personnel management. `The Continuous Performance Appraisal'; `Continuous Motivation.'
- Recent releases. // People Management;1/12/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p52
Presents video tapes that tackle personnel training and empowerment, employment and other related issues. `Finding Your 15 per cent Connaught Training'; `More Bloody Meetings Video Arts'; `Empowerment in Action Melrose Films'; More.
- Creating a climate in which staff learning can flourish. McHale, Jo // People Management;3/23/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 6, p50
Reviews the videotape `Reviewing Performance.'
- Dramatic tensions. McHale, Jo // People Management;11/26/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 23, p59
Reviews the videotape `Personnel Decisions,' produced by TV Choice. Issues covered in the videotape; Price.
- Persuade, Influence and Negotiate. Crofts, Pauline // People Management;4/23/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p44
The article reviews the instructional video recording "Persuade, Influence and Negotiate," released on DVD format.
- MEDIA REVIEWS. Ellet, Bill; Ford, Lynda; Morgante, John-Paul // T+D;Jul2001, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p85
Reviews several video recordings on human resources management. 'More Than a Gut Feeling III,' developed by VisionPoint Productions and distributed by American Media; 'Performance Matters: The Importance of Praise,' by Coastal Training Technologies; 'Encouraging the Heart,' by CRM Learning.
- A Map for the Seven Danger Zones of Supervision. Stanley, Jan // Training & Development;Jun99, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p54
Features the `Seven Danger Zones for Supervisors,' videotapes by M. Lee Smith, which focus on hiring, evaluation, documentation, firing, harassment, discrimination and violence in the workplace.
- HR professionals told that goofing off on the job is good for business. Wenner, Gretchen // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/30/2001, Issue 322805, p3
Reports on the presentation of the video 'FISH! Philosophy' during the luncheon of the Human Resources Association of Central California in July 17, 2001. Video based on lively and successful fishmongers in Washington state; Theatrical, athletic work culture that has vaulted the Pike Place Fish...