Reticence and reverence
- Report from London. Grigg, Jennifer // Afterimage;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p4
Presents information on several photograph and video exhibitions, which were held in London, England. Sherrie Levine's exhibition at the South London Gallery; Exhibitions at the Lisson Gallery, by James Casebere and Gaylen Gerber; Information on an exhibition that focused on the interplay...
- Fashioning art. Young, Cynthia // Afterimage;May/Jun97, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p4
Reviews three photography exhibitions held at the New York City's Guggenheim Museum that interweave fashion and art. Feature of the exhibitions; Event that was adapted by Guggenheimm in March 1997; Exhibition to be held at New York City's Museum of Modern Art; Sponsor of exhibition.
- TAKING A LONG, HARD LOOK. Bowles, K. Johnson // Afterimage;May/Jun2000, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p12
Reviews the exhibition `Robert Heinecken, Photographist: A Thirty Five-Year Retrospective,' at the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago, Illinois from October 1 to November 28, 1999.
- Recording the voice. Leotta, Joan; Haverkamp, Beth // Cobblestone;Dec93, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p40
Comments on `American Voices,' a recent exhibit at the National Archives in Washington, D.C., which celebrated our First Amendment right to `petition the government for redress of grievances.' The wide range of petitions preserved there, including many written by children; Example of students...
- Framing a century of American change. Tibbetts, John C. // Christian Science Monitor;1/18/95, Vol. 87 Issue 36, p12
Discusses the exhibits at the photographic exhibition `An American Century of Photography: From DryPlate to Digital,' at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Russian photography from the 1940s to the present. Conover, Kirsten // Christian Science Monitor;1/16/97, Vol. 89 Issue 36, p16
Focuses on the photograph exhibition entitled `Renewal and Metamorphosis, Russian Photographers From the Late Soviet Era to the 1990s' at the Fitchburg Art Museum from January to March 1997 in Massachusetts. Information on photography during the Stalin era; Description of some of the images...
- Light proofs. Barber, Edward // Design Week;5/8/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p36
Highlights the exhibition 'PhotoLondon: Capital of Culture Through the Lens of Twelve Photographers,' featuring art works by several photographers in London, England. Art pieces included in the exhibition; Techniques and materials used by the artists.
- Flowers in film. D.A.S. // Horticulture;Jun/Jul93, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p13
Announces that `Flora Photgraphica: The Flower in Photography, 1835 to the Present' will be on view at the New York Public Library June 26 through August 21, 1993. Collection of 182 color and black-and-white images taken by photographic pioneers such as William Fox Talbot and Anna Atkins, as...
- Moving times with Muybridge. Geake, E. // New Scientist;4/25/92, Vol. 134 Issue 1818, p44
Reviews the exhibition at the Museum of the Moving Image in London `Muybridge and the Chronophotographers.'