- Activities Calendar. // Curriculum Review;Oct2012, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p2
A calendar of events for the K-12 education sector in the U.S. in October 2012 is presented, which includes the National Bullying Prevention Awareness Month, the Halloween Safety Month and the Global Diversity Awareness Month.
- GUIDANCE - GENERAL. Kornegay, Debra // School Library Journal;Jul89, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p53
Reviews the filmstrip 'A Kid's Guide to Getting Along in School.'
- PA youth unite around PASS Act. Martin, Victoria // Philadelphia Gay News;1/31/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 5, Special section p1
The article discusses how student-led advocacy efforts contributed to the success of the Pennsylvania Safe Schools (PASS) Act which aims to address school bullying and violence in Pennsylvania.
- Nanny boo-boos. Leo, John // U.S. News & World Report;2/17/2003, Vol. 134 Issue 5, p12
Discusses legislation proposals the author sees has having gone too extreme. View that the proposals initially seem limited and reasonable, but grow out of control when government attempted to fix the problem; Discussion of the antibullying campaign designed to stop students from intimidating...
- Translational research: National strategies for violence prevention in school. Spiel, Christiane; Salmivalli, Christina; Smith, Peter K. // International Journal of Behavioral Development;Sep2011, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p381
The article introduces the articles published within the special section of the periodical, including one by Erling Roland on the history of the Norwegian policy against bullying from 1983 onwards, another by Debra Pepler and Wendy Craig on the development and activities of the PREVNet...
- Right-Wing Anti-Bullying Model A Tool For Bullies. PROXMIRE, CRYSTAL A. // Between the Lines (10807551);11/1/2012, Issue 2044, p7
The article offers information on a Model Bullying Policy, an anti bullying policy, created by the Alliance Defending Freedom, a conservative activist group to ensure the safety of school students.
- School workers kept on the sick list by parent and student
bullies. // Personnel Today;9/14/2004, p4
This article reports that bullying is becoming a serious problem in Europe's education sector, with students and parents usually the main culprits. A report by the European Agency for Occupational Safety and Health (EAOSH) said that 15 per cent of the 11 million employees in the sector, from...
- Schools target violence by putting a brake on bullies. Mulrine, Anna // Christian Science Monitor;6/22/99, Vol. 91 Issue 144, p15
Details that the National School Safety Center calls bullying the most underrated problem in American schools. Specifics on a study by Susan Limber of the University of South Carolina in Columbia; How many schools have been slow or misguided in their response to bullying; How children belive...
- BULLYING. SPARKS, SARAH D. // Education Week;10/13/2010, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p5
The article discusses "Safe at School: Addressing the School Environment and LGBT Safety Through Policy and Legislation," a report by the U.S. National Education Policy Center regarding bullying in schools and the treatment of LGBT students.