On the Map
- Piri Reis -- Cartographer of Suleiman the Magnificent. Lapaine, Miljenko; Kljajić, Ivka // Cartography & Geoinformation;Dec2013, Vol. 12 Issue 20, p88
The article reviews the exhibition "Piri Reis - Cartographer of Suleiman the Magnificent," which was held in Croatia from June-December 2013.
- Croatia and Europe: A Journey through Historical Maps. Jurić, Mirjana // Cartography & Geoinformation;Dec2013, Vol. 12 Issue 20, p92
The article reviews the exhibition "Croatia and Europe: A Journey through Historical Maps," which was held in the atrium of the Croatian State Archives (CS) from July 1-31, 2013.
- Cartographical display. Roberts, Max // Eye (0960779X);Summer2010, Vol. 19 Issue 76, p95
A review of the 19th century cartography exhibit entitled "Magnificent Maps: Power, Propaganda, and Art" is presented, on display at the British Library in London, England from April 30 through September 19, 2010.
- Cartography of VaraÅ¾din. Kljajić, Ivka // Cartography & Geoinformation;Dec2009, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p164
The article reviews the exhibition "Cartography of VaraÅ½din, Croatia from November 24 to 28, 2009.
- Zadar in Foreign Itineraries from the Fund of the Scientific Library in Zadar. Lapaine, Miljenko // Cartography & Geoinformation;Jun2009, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p196
The article reviews the exhibition "Zadar in Foreign Itineraries From the Fund of the Scientific Library in Zadar" at the Exhibition Hall of the Library in Croatia from March 20 to April 17, 2009.
- Historical Maps of VaraÅ¾din from 16th to 19th Century. Husak, Mirko // Cartography & Geoinformation;Jun2011, Vol. 10 Issue 15, following p153
The article discusses the highlights of a lecture by museum counsellor Miroslav Klemm on the historical maps of VaraÅ¾din in Croatia from sixteenth to nineteenth century, held at Town Museum VaraÅ¾din on September 20, 2010. The event displayed 13 maps which include a map of VaraÅ¾din in...
- Worlds lost and found. Ensor, Barbara // New York;06/09/97, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p118
Focuses on the exhibition `The Lost World: The life and Death of Dinosaurs,' mounted by the American Museum of Natural History in collaboration with the makers of Steven Spielberg's film `Lost World.' Response expected to the exhibition; Comments from scientist, Mark Norell.
- Exploring Lake Wairarapa's turbulent history. FRANÇOIS, NATASHA // North & South;Mar2011, Issue 300, p28
The article reports on a social history exhibition which is being organized to raise public awareness of the Lake Wairarapa. New Zealand, and its endangered wildlife habitat through archival photos, paintings, taonga and video.
- Museum opens door on Northwest. Korbulic, Mary // Oregon Business Magazine;Jul94, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p13
Reports on the opening of the Pacific Northwest Museum of Natural History in Ashland, Oregon. Description of the museum; Features of the Discovery Center and the Treasures of the Northwest exhibit hall; Purpose of the computer stations; Expected number of visitors; Effect on the local economy...