Top Secret: A Friend's Cry for Help
- "Family Fundamentals: Teenage Suicide Prevention". // Guidance & Counseling;Sep92, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p71
Reviews the video recording ""Family Fundamentals: Teenage Suicide Prevention"."
- Attempted suicide clients given poorer care in ICU. // Australian Nursing Journal;Apr98, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p34
States that according to research in the `Australian Journal of Advanced Nursing,' the quality of care Registered Nurses and doctors provide for attempted suicide clients in intensive care unit is significantly reduce. What the research shows; What the attitudes of doctors and nurses are based...
- Two models of suicide treatment: Evaluation and recommendations. Pulakos, Joan // American Journal of Psychotherapy;Fall93, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p603
Presents and compares crisis-intervention and continuing-therapy models of suicide treatment. Suicidal behavior; Comparison of models; Treatment of suicidal patients.
- Beyond despair. Dumas, Timothy // Cosmopolitan;Apr96, Vol. 220 Issue 4, p228
Focuses on suicidal behavior. Views of people who had attempted suicide; Ambiguous feelings of suicidal people toward life and death; Depression preceding suicide attempts; Statistics on suicide; Possible causes of suicidal behavior. INSET: The method in the madness..
- Stayin' alive. Childers, Terry D. // Federal Probation;Dec95, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p10
Presents a probation officer's account of the case of Michael who survived several suicide attempts under the officer's care.
- After the crisis: Facilitating the suicidal student's return to school. White, Jennifer // Guidance & Counseling;Autumn94, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the required response following a student's suicide attempt (SA). Management of the impact of SA upon school staff and students; Preparation for the suicidal student's return to school; School involvement in overall treatment planning.
- Leonard. Bryant, C. // Second Opinion;Oct93, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p104
Narrates a fictional story of Leonard Griffin, a psychiatric patient, and his psychiatrist, Doctor Strongfield. Absence of intervention of the psychiatrist when he suspected that Leonard planned to have another suicide attempt; Relationship of Leonard with his mother; Treatment given to Leonard.
- Suicide. // Youth Studies;Feb91, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p10
Presents a summary of the study on people who commit suicide conducted by two psychiatrists in Adelaide, Australia which appeared in Advertiser, dated November 5, 1990.
- Components of hopelessness about the future in parasuicide. MacLeod, Andrew K.; Rose, Gillian S. // Cognitive Therapy & Research;Oct93, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p441
Examines the ease with which hospitalized parasuicides, hospital controls and nonhospital controls were able to think about future positive and future negative events; Verbal fluency paradigm; Parasuicides' deficit of cognitions about the future; Factors leading to parasuicide.