Portable Video Games Showcase Innovation
- Buying Frenzy Greets PS3, Wii Launches. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/20/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the latest video game consoles launched by Sony and Nintendo in U.S. retail stores in November 2006. The companies launched their game consoles in different retail stores with limited supplies. Consumers lined up at stores several days before the official launch of Sony's...
- Now that's a deal. Fagan, Ryan // Sporting News;4/16/2007, Vol. 231 Issue 16, p6
This article compares the Sony PlayStation Portable hand-held video game console and the NIntendo DS hand-held video game console. The article compares each console's retail performance, game compatibility, and price. Sony lowered the price of the PlayStation Portable in 2007 to compete with the...
- Hello fellow nerdlings. // Dolly;Sep2011, Issue 489, p145
The article evaluates the home video game consoles Wii U from Nintendo and PlayStation Vista 4 from Sony.
- CHANGING THE GAME. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Sep2013, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p12
The article discusses the release of several game technologies including playstation four (PS4) from Sony Corp., Xbox One game console from Microsoft Corp., and Wii U game console from Nintendo Co. Ltd.
- viDEo game CENTRAL. Macdonald, Mark // National Geographic Kids;Nov2009, Issue 395, p8
The article reviews several video games, including Retro Game Challenge for the Nintendo DS, Spider-Man: Web of Shadows for the PSP and PokÃ©mon Platinum for the Nintendo DS.
- All in the game. // Money Today;1/8/2009, p20
The article evaluates various high-technology electronic toys including e Xbox 360 from Microsoft, the PlayStation 3 from Sony, and the Nintendo Wii from Nintendo.
- Nintendo Smashes PS3 in Japanese Market. // Red Herring;2/28/2008, p5
The article reports that the Wii game console of Nintendo outsold the Playstation 3 of Sony in Japan in February 2009. According to game magazine published Enterbrain, Nintendo sold 331,627 units of the Wii in the four weeks to February 24, compared with 89,131 units of the PS3. The Wii has been...
- GAMERS ON WIl SPREE. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;3/19/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 56, p7
The article reports that Nintendo's video game console Wii is dominating the video game business in the United States and has sold 335,000 units in February as compared to the sales of 228,000 units of Microsoft's Xbox360 and 127,000 of Sony's PlayStation3. It is mentioned that Sony's low priced...
- THE BATTLE FOR 2ND PLACE. Morris, Chris // Daily Variety;12/8/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 46, p26
The article reports on the intense competition among big companies in the video games industry in 2010. It highlights the success of Nintendo Co. Ltd. to lead the industry with total sales of 30.6 million dollars for its Wii consoles. Meanwhile, it mentions the extreme battle between Sony Corp....