Judgment Day: Intelligent Design on Trial
- On a Level Playing Field: The Theories of Evolution and Creation and the Science That Supports Them, Vol. 1: Series Introduction. Thomas, Dwain // School Library Journal;Jul2009, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p46
The article reviews the DVD "On a Level Playing Field: The Theories of Evolution and Creation and the Science That Supports Them, Vol. 1: Series Introduction."
- Judgment Day: Intelligent Design on Trial. Thomas, Dwain // School Library Journal;Jan2010, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p54
This article reviews the DVD release "Judgment Day: Intelligent Design on Trial," produced by Vulcan Productions and the WGBH television channel.
- Sharpening Ockham's Razor. Fletcher, John G. // Skeptic;2003, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p28
Presents the response of a reader to the articles about the characteristics of parsimony published on the 'Skeptic.' Definition of science in terms of Ockham's Razor; Foundation of evolutionary theory; Distinction between creationism and intelligent design.
- Scientists attack Bush over intelligent design. Gewin, Virginia // Nature;8/11/2005, Vol. 436 Issue 7052, p761
Reports on the criticism of scientists and science educators on U.S. President George W. Bush's remarks concerning the issue of intelligent design. Importance of intelligent design as alternative to evolution; Effort of researchers to look for ways to fight the public-relations battle between...
- Intelligence Failure. Williams, Barry // Australasian Science;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p46
The article focuses on the efforts of religious fundamentalists to deny the reality of evolution. The Intelligent Design movement provides an alternative scientific explanation of how all life on Earth emerged. The religious fundamentalists rely on the chapters of Genesis which states that the...
- EXPELLED: NO INTELLIGENCE ALLOWED. Latchem, John // Home Media Magazine;9/21/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 38, p36
A review of the DVD release of the documentary film "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed," hosted by Ben Stein is presented.
- EvoBeaker: Evolutionary Evidence. Batorsky, Roberta; Sack, Jeffrey // American Biology Teacher (National Association of Biology Teache;Mar2010, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p205
This article reviews the educational CD release entitled "EvoBeaker: Evolutionary Evidence," produced by Simbiotic Software.
- EVO: Ten Questions Everyone Should Ask About Evolution. Swietek, F. // Video Librarian;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p53
A review of the DVD release of the documentary film "EVO: Ten Questions Everyone Should Ask About Evolution," directed by John Feldman is presented.
- Designed for Controversy: the Religious Right's New Creationism. Boston, Rob // Humanist;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p35
This article focuses on the controversy over the constitutionality of teaching intelligent design in U.S. schools. The article wonders what the court's ruling would be on the first legal challenge to intelligent design. Some arguments raised against teaching intelligent design in schools are...