An act of remembering
- Native American drawings. Moss, E. Lynne // American Artist;Nov1996, Vol. 60 Issue 652, p10
Features the Native American drawings exhibition entitled `Plain Indian Drawings, 1865-1935: Pages From a Visual History,' set from November 2 to December 21, 1996 at the Drawing Center in New York City. Definition of ledger drawings; Tribes represented in the exhibit; Itinerary of a planned...
- Figure drawings. Moss, Lynne // American Artist;Mar1997, Vol. 61 Issue 656, p8
Presents information about the exhibition `Figure Drawings,'on view at The J. Paul Getty Museum in Malibu, California, through April 6, 1997. What the works from the museum's collection and date from the 16th through the 19th centuries demonstrated in the the show; How to get more information...
- The long books. Angell, Roger // New Yorker;12/02/96, Vol. 72 Issue 37, p82
Focuses on the exhibition `Plains Indian Drawings 1865-1935' at The Drawing Center in SoHo, New York. Sense of difficulty of history conveyed by the exhibition; Depiction of the rituals of the Indians; Process of preservation and survival for the art.
- First modern Indian art. Dunn, Jerry Camarillo // National Geographic Traveler;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p21
Presents an art exhibition `Plains Indian Drawings, 1865-1935,' at the Art Gallery of Ontario, with focus on the nontraditional form of Native American artwork--drawings. Indication that the exhibition runs from November 14 to January 4, 1998; Contact information.
- Native forces. Boodro, Michael; Story, Richard David // Vogue;Dec96, Vol. 186 Issue 12, p204
Focuses on the exhibition `Plains Indian Drawings, 1865-1935.' Contributors to the exhibit; Evolution of art and art materials from Indians.
- New war loot exhibit. // Russian Life;Jan97, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p9
Reports that Saint Petersburg, Russia's Hermitage museum has unveiled `Master Drawings Revisited: Treasures From Prewar German Collections,' an exhibit of old drawings from Europe salvaged from a Red Army vault.
- MICHAEL SCOGGINS. Feaster, Felicia // Art Papers Magazine;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p44
The article reviews the exhibition "Family Values" at the Saltworks Gallery in Atlanta, Georgia from January 29-March 19, 2011.
- `The argument drawings' at Wynn Kramarsky. Koplos, Janet // Art in America;Nov97, Vol. 85 Issue 11, p130
Reviews the exhibition of Keith Frank and Jon Ippolito in `The Argument Drawings,' by Janet Cohen.
- Sonia Lawson. Saunders, Linda // Modern Painters;Summer96, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p91
Reviews the exhibition `Sonia Lawson, Paintings and Drawings 1967-1996,' at the Dean Clough Galleries in Halifax.