Amber: Window to the Past
- Happy Birthday! // American Music Teacher;Feb/Mar2001, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p32
Focuses on the Piano 300: Celebrating Three Centuries of People and Pianos exhibit sponsored by the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History in Washington D.C. Background information on the invention of a piano; Highlights of the exhibit; Additional sponsors of the exhibit.
- Ocean planet. // Popular Science;Mar95, Vol. 246 Issue 3, p29
Reports on the launch of the Ocean Planet exhibition by the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History in Washington D.C. Focus on the connection of man to the oceans on April 1995; Contribution of `Popular Science' magazine to the celebration.
- Smithsonian opens Rocks Gallery. // Pit & Quarry;Jan99, Vol. 91 Issue 7, p9
Focuses on the exhibit `The Rocks Gallery,' at the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History in Washington. Completion of the museum's Hall of Geology, Gems and Minerals renovation; Goal of showing the importance of earth sciences.
- A network of treasures. // Scholastic Choices;Apr96, Vol. 11 Issue 7, pD-1
Presents information related to exhibitions and museums across the United States. Garbage from the Smithsonian Institution Travelling Exhibition Service; Spiders from the National Museum of Natural History; Ocean Planet from the Smithsonian's Office of Environmental Awareness; How one can win...
- Is Advertising Art? Melillo, Wendy; Dill, Mallorre // Adweek New England Edition;11/12/2001, Vol. 38 Issue 46, p19
Focuses on a collection of print advertisements exhibited at the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History in Washington, D.C. Description of the advertisements; Criticisms against the concept of advertising as an art form; Discussion on the commercial aspect of advertising. INSET:...
- Arachnophilia. Baldinger, Scott; Cohen, Meg // Harper's Bazaar;Jun94, Issue 3391, p52
Presents an invitation to `Spiders!' exhibit at the Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History from June 11, 1994 to January 2, 1995.
- LOCAL DINOSAURS. Callard, Abby // Smithsonian;Feb2010, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p26
The article discusses paleontology in Maryland. Topics include the history of fossil discoveries in the state and contemporary public attractions like Dinosaur Park in Laurel, Maryland, and the exhibit "Dinosaurs in Our Backyard" opening in February 2010 at the Smithsonian National Museum of...
- Mining gallery exhibit featured at Smithsonian. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Feb98, Vol. 153 Issue 2, p49
Discusses the mine gallery exhibit at the Smithsonian Natural History Museum. Features of the exhibit; Description of a diorama of the crystallized cave at the Copper Queen Mine; Other displays included in the gallery.
- Audiodescription. // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Nov/Dec97 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p26
Provides information on an audiodescribed tour of the permanent marine exhibit `Exploring Marine Ecosystems,' offered by the Smithsonian's National Museum of Natural History in Washington, District of Columbia. Availability of the tour.