JOE LOUIS: AMERICA'S HERO... BETRAYED
- 'Louie' luckier after all. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;6/21/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 57, p9
The article focuses on the television program "Lucky Louie." The R-rated sitcom stars Louis C.K. The program's Sunday premiere had 1.5 million viewers. After a week's worth of plays, the program had 3.8 million overall viewers. "Lucky Louie," is produced by HBO. The article also reports on the...
- CLASS OF 2005-06: Will Scheffer & Mark Olsen Co-creators, "Big Love," HBO. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;6/7/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 47, pA5
The article features the television program "Big Love," co-created by Will Scheffer and Mark Olsen for HBO. According to the article, Scheffer and Olsen researched the lives of polygamists before they pitched the show to HBO. In their research, Olsen and Scheffer discovered a suburban subculture...
- Even at HBO it's hip to hate crix. LOWRY, BRIAN // Daily Variety;5/9/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 27, p2
The article reports on the role of Kevin Dillon as Johnny Drama in the next episode of HBO's "Entourage" television program. The producers staged the sequence in the office of "The Daily Variety" periodical. They will return to shoot another scene in the office in their quest for authenticity....
- 'Sopranos' Muscles Into iPod Territory. Hibberd, James // Television Week;3/13/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the first Sopranos-related content being provided by pay television network Home Box Office (HBO) on iTunes as of March 2006. HBO also has recently added on iTunes similar supplementary content in support of its new polygamy drama Big Love, its historical epic Rome and its...
- 'SOPRANOS' GOES OUT WITH A BANG. KISSELL, RICK // Daily Variety;6/12/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 50, p1
The article reports on the series finale of HBO's television series "The Sopranos." The series finale had an impact on both the "61st Annual Tony Awards," on CBS and ABC's coverage of the National Basketball Association Finals. Metered-market overnights representing more than 55 of the nation's...
- HBO strings 'Wire' in '06. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;3/18/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 58, p5
The article reports that after months of deliberating, HBO Corp. has greenlit a fourth season of prime drama "The Wire" for premiere in 2006. HBO topper Chris Albrceht reassured reporters during January's TCA winter press tour that bringing the show back is a creative decision. Executives insist...
- SIX FEET UNDER RETURNS. // Glamour;Jul2004, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p165
Reports on the return of the HBO television program "Six Feet Under" broadcast in the United States in summer 2004.
- 'SOPRANOS' RETURN RAISES QUESTIONS. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;3/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p24
Highlights the last season of the TV program "The Sopranos," from Home Box Office. Details on the story of the last season of the TV program; Notable scenes in the last season of the TV program.
- 'BORN RICH' ARE INDEED DIFFERENCE, HEIR FINDS. Demenchuk, Michael // Multichannel News;10/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p16
Reviews the TV program "Born Rich," from HBO.