- Less Lost Is More. Poniewozik, James // Time International (South Pacific Edition);
The author reports on the fourth season of the television program "Lost." The way in which the decision to have a limited number of seasons impacted the show is mentioned. The impact which a strike by television writers in 2007-2008 had on the fourth season of the program is discussed. Plot...
- RDF takes ITV1 to the altar for new daytime show. Creamer, Jonathan // Televisual;Feb2004, p9
Reports on RDF International's production of "Wedding Day", a new daytime show for ITV1. Concept of the show; Target audience; Persons behind the camera.
- 'ER' loses demo race to 'Trace' Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;10/10/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the rating of the television program "Without a Trace," of the Columbia Broadcasting System. Rank of the television program in the ratings of Nielsen; Comparison of the rating between television programs "Without a Trace" and "ER"; Increase in the rating of "Without a Trace."
- Iraq rechannels its battle fatigue. Bart, Peter // Daily Variety;10/24/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 16, p4
Focuses on the status and developments in the television industry in Iraq. Proliferation of various media of entertainment in the country after the end of Saddam Hussein's regime; Remarks on the television programs in Iraqi television; Growth of the popularity of reality television programs.
- Producers' Showcase: Festival of Music, Volume One. Berg, Gregory // Journal of Singing;May/Jun2005, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p556
This article presents information on the music release "Producers' Showcase: Festival of Music," vol. 1. There is certainly plenty of nostalgic charm in a release like this, but one should not be unduly distracted by the amusing commercials or primitive trappings. What matters is the magnificent...
- Be Good! Television's Watching. Yoder, Robert M. // Saturday Evening Post;5/14/1949, Vol. 221 Issue 46, p29
The article focuses on various things related to television. The author offers cites some circumstances wherein the television might display some of the personal information about the actors. He discusses some of the procedures that must be followed by the camera man during the shoot of the...
- On TV. // NEA Today;Oct2006, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p62
The article presents information on several television programs in the U.S. The Modern African Art and Artisans in the Discovery Channel looks at modern-day African artisans and their work, culture, and legacy. The World According to Sesame Street follows members of the U.S.-based Sesame...
- Critic's crystal ball can get a bit fuzzy. Lowry, Brian // Daily Variety;1/14/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 12, p4
Focuses on the mistakes committed by the author in forecasting successful television programs in the U.S. Unexpected success of "Joan of Arcadia"; Acceptable ratings of "8 Simple Rules" after the demise of John Ritter; Appropriate forecasts made by the author.
- Not a big splash for 'Hawaii' Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;9/3/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 44, p1
Looks into the U.S. entertainment industry. Titles of some TV programs featured in the article; Number of viewers tuning into these programs; Age range of the people watching the shows.