The cult of Carr
- Tree hugger. E. S. // Art Newspaper;Nov2014, Vol. 24 Issue 262, p42
The article previews an exhibition of works depicting forests and seascapes by Canadian artist Emily Carr at the Dulwich Picture Gallery in London, England from November 1, 2014 to March 8, 2015.
- On Emily's trail. // Canada's History;Feb/Mar2012, Vol. 92 Issue 1, p78
The author discusses his experiences visiting Victoria, British Columbia to learn about the life of artist Emily Carr. He describes seeing a statue of Carr by sculptor Barbara Paterson in front of the Empress Hotel, visiting an exhibit of her artwork at the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria, and...
- PAINTING BY NUMBERS. Goldsworthy, Rachel // Canadian Geographic;Jun2009, Vol. 129 Issue 3, p16
The article offers information on the Victoria Sketch Club in Western Canada which celebrates its 100th anniversary in 2009. Artists Emily Carr and Samuel Maclure were the original members and they were joined by Jack Shadbolt and Max Maynard. It is reported that by the early 1930s, Carr was...
- "Vancouver School". Laurence, Robin // Border Crossings;Aug2006, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p113
This article reviews the exhibition of "Vancouver School" at the Artists for Kids Gallery in North Vancouver, Canada and featuring the works of Douglas Coupland, Graham Gillmore, Angela Grossmann, Attila Richard Lukacs and Derek Root.
- Emily Carr. Halkes, Petra // Border Crossings;Nov2006, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p91
The article reviews the exhibition "Emily Carr: New Perspectives," at the National Gallery of Canada in Ottawa, Ontario from June 2 to September 4, 2006.
- EXHIBITIONS. Hoashi, Lisa // American Artist;Apr2002, Vol. 66 Issue 717, p6
Provides information on two art exhibitions in Washington, D.C. in 2002. "Places of Their Own: Emily Carr, Georgia O'Keefe, and Frida Kahlo" at the National Museum of Women in the Arts; "Corot to Picasso: European Masterworks From the Smith College of Museum of Art" at the Phillips Collection.
- Climbing to the Top of the Totem Pole. Richardson, Joan // Border Crossings;Oct98, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p61
The article reviews the painting exhibition, "Emily Carr: Art & Process," by Emily Carr, at The Vancouver Art Gallery in Vancouver, British Columbia, from March 21-June 7, 1998.
- Intimate with Emily. Coull, Cheryl // Beautiful British Columbia;Winter2001, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p44
Reports an exhibit featuring the life of artist Emily Carr in British Columbia. Display of the artworks of Carr at the British Columbia Museum; Details of the writings of Carr; Description of Carr by exhibit creator Katherine Bridge.
- "Convoluted Beauty: In the Company of Emily Carr". Miller, Marcus // Border Crossings;Dec2014-Feb2015, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p106
The article reviews the art exhibition "Convoluted Beauty: In the Company of Emily Carr," which featured sculptures and installations by artists including Emily Carr, Thomas ZIpp and Marianne Nicolson, held at the Mendel Art Gallery, located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, from June 27th through...