- GENRE REPORT DOCUMENTARIES. Brennan, Steve // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;10/2/2001, Vol. 370 Issue 14, pS-16
Reports on the inclination of producers and distributors toward television documentaries. Movement to social-issue documentaries that appeal to customers; Specialization of some producers in forensic-science documentaries; Key element in producing a documentary.
- Turn on--then tune out. Pearman, Hugh // Design Week;4/10/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p12
Expresses disappointments on documentaries broadcast on television in Great Britain. Exceptional and rare documentaries of David Attenborough; Flaws in the designs of the television programs; Authenticity of the footages shown in documentaries.
- China Goes Wild for Animal Docs. Barnet, Kim // Variety;12/21/98, Vol. 373 Issue 6, p37
Reports on the popularity of foreign wildlife and environmental documentary television shows in China. Costs of purchasing a documentary from abroad; Benefits of purchasing international programs; Why Chinese producers and directors cannot produce high-quality documentaries.
- Thai's Channel 9 boosts news and documentaries. Mulchand, Sangeeta // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;10/3/2003, p12
Thailand's Channel 9 will devote 40 per cent of its airtime to news and documentaries in a bid to differentiate itself from its rivals and become known as "the real news channel." In addition to eight hours of news from 6 am to 2 pm daily, there will be five-minute news bulletins at the start of...
- STATIC. F.Q // Sporting News;7/29/2002, Vol. 226 Issue 30, p8
Reports developments related to sports television broadcasting in the U.S. as of July 29, 2002. Broadcasting of the television documentary program 'A City on Fire: The Story of the '68 Detroit Tigers'; Return of Jim Rome to ESPN Inc.; Suspension of sportscaster Tony Kornheiser.
- UKTV to launch new channels. Wilkinson, Amanda // Marketing Week;2/5/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p11
Reports on UKTV's launch of two factual channels to replace UK Horizons. Imminent launch of UKTV Documentary and UKTV People; Rebranding of existing channels to include the full name of the broadcaster.
- British documentary producer cited. // Electronic Media;12/07/98, Vol. 17 Issue 50, p65
Cites an internal report indicating that the Carlton Television, the producer of the British documentary `The Connection' was guilty of being complicit in falsehoods in making the program.
- U.K.'s Carlton answering its accusers. Donohue, Steve // Electronic Media;11/09/98, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p16
Reports on British firm Carlton Television's slated completion of a report based on its investigation of allegations that it faked `The Connection,' a documentary about a Colombian drug cartel. CBS News' `60 Minutes' segment on the documentary; United Kingdom Independent Television Commission's...
- Media Road Test: Blighty. // Marketing (00253650);3/18/2009, p6
The article focuses on Blighty television station which is considered as the documentary channel for viewers who love British shows. Much of the station's programs center on the everyday lives of British people. The station is considered a better home for British brands to advertise their...