RESOURCES: STEEL, RUBBER, COAL AND SALT
- Museum News. // Ornament;Summer99, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p63
The article presents photographs from the exhibition "Brooching It Diplomatically" at the American Craft Museum in New York City from June 3-August 8, 1999 and at the Contemporary Museum in Honolulu, Hawaii from September 3-November 7, 1999.
- Museum demonstrates toy-making process. Renstrom, Roger // Plastics News;7/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 20, p15
The Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, Illinois is featuring a full range of manufacturing technologies, including use of plastics, in an exhibit called Toymaker 3000. The exhibit's corporate suppliers and donors with plastics industry ties include Algus Packaging Inc., Stratasys Inc.,...
- Brooching It Diplomatically. Benesh, Carolyn L. E. // Ornament;Summer99, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p62
The article reviews the exhibit "Brooching It Diplomatically: A Tribute to Madeleine K. Albright" at the American Craft Museum in New York City from June 3-August 8, 1999 and at the Contemporary Museum in Honolulu, Hawaii from September 3-November 7, 1999.
- A rose is a rose. // Town & Country;Feb96, Vol. 150 Issue 5189, p48
Presents Le Vian's jeweled rose brooch. Features; Price; Contact information.
- Roman Brooches Made In Castleford. Downes, Amy; Barclay, Judith // Treasure Hunting;Feb2012, p11
The article reports on the discovery of several brooches manufactured at the Roman settlement at Castleford in West Yorkshire, England, home to a major metalworking industry from the late 1st to the 3rd centuries.
- Ladies' bugs. Robledo, Maria; Okun, Stacey // Town & Country;Jul95, Vol. 149 Issue 5182, p78
Presents photographs of jeweled brooches styled in the form of insects. Paloma Picasso's spider brooch; Jean Vitau Creations' bee pin; Fred Leighton's diamond butterfly; Michael Bondanza's gold-and-diamond bumblebee; Neiman Marcus' wasp brooch.
- Lastlook. Price, Candy Pratts // Vogue;Dec95, Vol. 185 Issue 12, p350
Features gemstone brooches. Popularity of nature themes; Green as the most sought-after color; Use of green sapphire and tsavorite.
- FROM THE ATTIC AT MERCER MUSEUM. // Doll Reader;Aug2005, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p22
Highlights the exhibition, Dolls from the Attic, at the Mercer Museum in Doyleston, Pennsylvania. Features of the show; Activities; Arrangements at the exhibit.
- LONDON OPENINGS. // Art Monthly;Dec2004/Jan2005, Issue 282, p13
Presents information on several art galleries which opened in London, England as of December 2004. Details of the reopening night of Gasworks Gallery; Information on the exhibition "Elastic" at the Elastic Residence; Artists featured in the exhibition "Practice" at the Hackney gallery;...