- CMT cans Canada's country crooners. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/23/95, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p43
Reports that the war between Canada's New Country Network (NCN) and Nashville's Country Music Television (CMT) escalated in January 1995 when CMT banned all videos by Canadian artists from its American, European, Asian and forthcoming Latin American services.
- If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/20/95, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p43
Announces that Nashville-based Country Music Television proposed in February 1995 to buy 20% of Canada's New Country Network, in exchange for dropping its trade complaint against the Canadian government and ending the feud between the country cable channels.
- CMT in Portugal. R.B. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/17/95, Vol. 125 Issue 29, p38
Reports on the agreement between Country Music Television and TV Cabo Portugal to distribute the music video network to TV Cabo's cable systems.
- Canada's new New Country Network. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/03/95, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p41
Reports on Nashville, Tennessee-based Country Music Television's (CMT) stake in Calgary, Alberta-based New Country Network (NCN), forming the Country Music Television (Canada, CMT). Expulsion of CMT from Canadian cable networks to make room for NCN; CMT ban on Canadian acts from international...
- Twang tune truce ends U.S.-Canada trade tiff. Enchin, Harvey // Variety;9/23/96, Vol. 364 Issue 8, p48
Reports on the return of Country Music Television (CMT) to Canada. Background on CMT's eviction from Canada following the establishment of similar-format network New Country Network; CMT's business agreement with New Country Network.
- CMT back into Canada. // Hollywood Reporter;6/27/95, Vol. 337 Issue 43, pI-7
Reports that a bitter cultural war between the United States and Canada was averted when Nashville, Tennessee-based Country Music Television gained the right to return to Canada by buying a 20% stake in Calgary-based New Country Network.
- Country kick for Portugal as channel bows. // Hollywood Reporter;8/29/95, Vol. 338 Issue 37, pI-5
Reports on the launching of Country Music Television in Portugal with TV Cabo Portugal as cable television distributor.
- CBS makes cable a `core business'. Katz, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;2/17/97, Vol. 127 Issue 7, p10
Reports on CBS' acquisition of The Nashville Network and Country Music Television from Gaylord Entertainment. Doubling of CBS' national cable network portfolio; Signal of CBS' plan to be a major program supplier to multichannel distributors; Fourth-quarter and year-end financial results.
- TNN, CMT won't transplant Eye. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;02/17/97, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p4
Reports that Westinghouse Corp. agreed to spend $1.55 billion in stock to purchase The Nashville Network (TNN) and Country Music Television (CMT) from Gaylord Entertainment Co. Implication of the acquisition on the company's presence in the cable industry; Effect on the launching of CBS Cable's...