- Lapital sites of the Bismarck Archipelago. Gosden, C.; Allen, J.; Ambrose, W.; Anson, D.; Golson Jr., J.; Green, R.; Lilley, I.; Specht, J.; Spriggs, M.; Kirch, P. // Antiquity;Sep89, Vol. 63 Issue 240, p561
Focuses on the Lapita sites around the Bismarck Archipelago. Role of Lapita in the history of the Melanesian and Polynesian civilizations; Background information on the Bismarck archipelago; Characteristics of the sites.
- BEYOND THE BLUE HORIZON. Smith, Roff // National Geographic;Mar2008, Vol. 213 Issue 3, p106
The article discusses how an international team of archaeologists are excavating areas on the island of Ã‰fatÃ©, in the Pacific nation of Vanuatu, which was the former home of ancient seafaring people, the distant ancestors of modern Polynesians. These ancient seafaring people, known as the...
- Neural nets unearth secrets in stone. Dayton, Leigh // New Scientist;4/16/94, Vol. 142 Issue 1921, p21
Reports on the accuracy of a neural network developed by Roger Bird, Eric Clayton, John Fulcher and Michael Potter in pinpointing the sources of stone used by ancient Melanesian peoples to make tools. Features of neural networks; Use of proton-induced X-ray emission analysis to produce a...
- Prehistory and its perception in a Melanesian Archipelago: the New Caledonia example. Sand, Christophe; Bole, Jacques; Ouetcho, Andre // Antiquity;Sep2003, Vol. 77 Issue 297, p505
Presents a study which explored the social structures of prehistoric Melanesia. Archaeological model for the multi-cultural country of New Caledonia; Regional divisions of the archipelago; Demographic and cultural consequences of European contact to the country.
- PICASSO SHOW AT THE DALI THE FIRST OF ITS KIND. // Antique Shoppe Newspaper;Jun2014, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p31
The article reviews the exhibition "Picasso/Dali, Dali/Picasso" at the Dali Museum on November 8, 2014 in St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Atlanta exposition show. Elwell, Gary // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p62
Reports on the Atlanta Exposition Show, an antique exhibition held annually in Georgia. Activities; Antique merchandising.
- Autumn Antiques at Carlisle '94. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p49
States that Autumn Antiques at Carlisle Productions hosts over 900 antique dealers from across the United States. Show director Tim DeMark; Annual Spring Antiques at Carlisle; Schedule; Contact information.
- Esau announces fall antique extravaganza. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p64
Describes the Antique and Collectible Extravaganza sponsored by Esau, Inc. that is held twice each year. List of features; Comments by Ralph Green; Contact information.
- Akron show by Scorpio Events. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p64
States that Scorpio Events, a leading antiques promotion company, announces a 'world class' antiques show in Akron, Ohio twice yearly. What the booths include with rental; Director Pamela Luttig; Contact information.