THE CARNIVÃ€LE LIFE
- Quality dramas come at a price. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/27/2001, Vol. 274 Issue 19, pA1
Comments on the quality of television programs on cable television networks in the United States. Assessment on the show 'Ramparts' from FX network; Factor leading the success of the drama originals of Lifetime network; Fantasy-action programs promoting the success of TNT network.
- TELEVISION REVIEW. Fries, Laura // Daily Variety;06/06/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 3, p5
Reviews the television program 'Jett Jackson: The Movie,' aired on Disney Channel starring Lee Thompson Young and directed by Shawn Levy.
- WWF meets haute cuisine on 'Iron Chef.' Norton, James // Christian Science Monitor;10/3/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 217, p16
Reviews the Food Network show 'Iron Chef,' and the idea that many will be inspired to become chefs who are interested in the joy of cooking and have reverence for cooking traditions.
- They Report, You Decide. Poniewozik, James // Time;7/29/2002, Vol. 160 Issue 5, p58
Reviews the Bravo cable television program 'Breaking News,' starring Tim Matheson.
- The Christmas Truce (TV Program). Kelleher, Terry // People;12/16/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 25, p34
Reviews 'The Christmas Truce,' a documentary on the History Channel.
- Three sides of 'the box.' Bradley, David // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/30/94, Vol. 309 Issue 6950, p346
Reviews the television program 'World in Action: 'Dying for a Holiday'' shown on ITV in Great Britain.
- Review. Demenchuk, Michael // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p128
Reviews the television program 'Witchblade,' from Turner Network Television.
- 'Snow' Melts on Screen. Demenchuk, Michael // Multichannel News;8/6/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p24
Evaluates cable firm Showtime's original movie entitled 'Snow in August.' Folklore integrated in the story; Implausibility of the movie; Quality of the special effects used in the movie.
- 'Raunch' Study Draws Fire From Nick, Others. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p3
Focuses on the survey conducted by the Parents Television Council on the instances of raunchiness in cable television shows in the United States. Definition of raunch; Rate of coarse language, lewd references and violence in primetime; List of Nickelodeon shows with offensive contents.