JANUARY'S PREMIUM SVOD Lineup
- SVOD Lineup. // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p40
Presents a list of television programs and movies to be offered on subscription video-on-demand service of cable networks across the U.S. in January 2004. Offerings of Home Box Office; Programs from Showtime Networks Inc.; Movies to be aired by Starz Encore Group LLC.
- SVOD Lineup. // Multichannel News;4/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p25
Presents highlights from the April 2004 subscription video-on-demand offerings from Home Box Office, Showtime Networks Inc. and Starz Encore Group LLC.
- FREEZE FRAME. // Multichannel News;04/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p44
Presents news briefs related to cable television in the United States, as of April 10, 2000. Starz Encore Media Group LLC executives Mike Hale and Que Spaulding's attendance at a party during a Cable Television Association of Marketers' conference; AT&T Broadband and Showtime Networks Inc.'s...
- PAR PLAYS VOD WITH STARZ! SALE. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;4/30/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 43, p2
Reports on the cable television industry in the U.S. Initiatives of Paramount TV on subscription-video-on-demand business; Sale of Paramount on Golden Oldie TV series 'Gunsmoke' and 'Combat' to Starz; Strategy of Starz on digital boxes.
- N2 SEEING STARZ WITH LATEST DEPLOYMENT. // Cable World (10427228);8/5/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 30, p44
Reports that premium movie cable network, Starz Encore has tapped the MediaPath content distribution system of N2 Broadband to deliver its subscription video-on-demand services to multiple systems operators in the U.S. Features of the system; Use of the system for Starz Encore.
- Uniting the Cable Industry. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;7/19/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p30
Profiles Greg DePrez, vice president of Starz Encore. Role of DePrez in the on-demand consortium of the Cable Television Administration and Marketing Society which has become an industry resource that has been instrumental in uniting the cable industry; Factors that led DePrez to be chosen as...
- Starz VOD Service Adds Key Cable Carriage. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;5/19/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p14
Starz Encore Group LLC landed two key cable carriage deals for its core services and its nascent video-on-demand offering in the week preceding May 19, 2003. Starz also extended its long-term affiliation carriage agreement with Charter Communications Inc. for Starz Super Pak and Encore Movie...
- RENTRAK GROWS ON-DEMAND DATABASE. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Retailing;4/9/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p40
Reports on the addition of cable content providers to the growing on-demand database by media measurement company Rentrak Corp. in Portland, Oregon. List of cable content providers added by the company, including Showtime Networks Inc.; Overview of varied video-on-demand data that can be...
- $1 billion for Starz. RB // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/93, Vol. 123 Issue 40, p16
Reports on Encore's plan to dole out $1 billion for Starz cable movie network. Specific of the plan.