Silent on the Sidelines: Why We Ignore Bullying
- Peer attacks YouTube over videos of teaching staff. Dudley, Dominic // Marketing Week;11/2/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p16
The article reports that YouTube has been attacked by politicians in Great Britain over the spread of videos of teaching staff. The web site has already been criticized in the House of Commons for helping people distribute violent videos, and by rights holders who are concerned about the hosting...
- News IQ. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;1/12/2009, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p8
A quiz about school bullying is presented.
- BuLLied to death. Delsite Everett, Alison // Boys' Life;Apr2009, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p38
The article talks about bullying in schools and discusses ways to stop such incidents.
- Bullying Hurts! // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;10/9/2006, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p8
A quiz concerning Bullying Hurts, an anti-bullying program in schools, is presented.
- The rat pack. // Girls' Life;Aug/Sep2002, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on issues regarding school violence. Opinions of kids on school bullies; Information on the decline of school assemblies concerning violence; Conflict resolution strategies developed by schools addressing violence against students.
- STICKY SITUATION. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;2/15/2010, Vol. 72 Issue 15/16, p13
The article solicits advice from readers of "Scholastic News" children's magazine on the actions that should be taken by a girl after witnessing a bullying incident in school.
- Mean Teens. Weir, Kirsten // Current Science;11/26/2010, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p6
The article focuses on the issue of school bullying and discusses how to prevent it.
- Scholars Call for Examining School Violence in a New Context. Viadero, Debra // Education Week;4/21/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 29, p5
The article discusses a report in the journal "Educational Researcher" calling for changes in efforts to address school violence with a broader, cross-disciplinary and evidence-based approach which includes the problem of bullying.
- Dealing With Bullies. // Gifted Child Today;Fall2004, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p8
Presents information on how to deal with student bullying in school. Percentage of students who gets bullied; Occurrence of bullying; Steps how educators can handle bullying.